In a quandary!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a quandary!!

I have finished some large Christmas bunting to decorate the school room at church and done my January UFO. Now I don't know what to do next. I want to make a Dresden plate table runner to gift to my DD MAIL so am playing a bit with some cheap fabric to see how it's done before using the good stuff but not with much enthusiasm.

So the question is do I carry on, start another project or tidy my sewing room? I do have some other UFO's but they're on my list for the finishing group!!

Help me please, I really need direction!!

Re: In a quandary!!

lol Welcome to the new year! I can't tell you what to do, but I'm cleaning. I consolidated some Christmas things and got two new tubs to store fabrics. Yesterday I got all my stray batiks into one. While doing that I got a box together of fabrics I don't think I will use. Some of those are going to the I don't want it group. Good luck and don't stress!
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I vote for a little tidying up, it'll keep you from getting overwhelmed when starting new projects. It doesn't have to be a huge cleanup project, just get some things back into their places and fold and put away any fabric.

Comment

I have to tidy up before a project, or the other stuff will distract me.
        Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I too am in the finishing group. Finished January' UFO and so I started on another on my list. Nothing says you can't finish early if there's a project on your UFO list that excites you, get 'er done!

Comment

If it were me, I would tidy up. I like to get my room organized before I start another project. I usually sit down with a cup of coffee enjoying my clean room while contemplating what to do next. Good luck!
            Robin
            My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I vote for cleaning up too. I just did that a few days ago, only took about two hours--and now enjoying the calm before the next storm of activity. My sewing room feels so peaceful with most things put away.

Comment

I would go for the tidying up.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Well, while I'm tidying, I usually do a bit of mindless sewing. Mindless sewing for me is blocks of nines any size that I can use up left overs from. Eventually, I get the scraps used up, have less mess because I've used them up and I am ready to start a project. The bonus is that with blocks of nine, I can usually get a quilt together pretty fast for the Shriner raffle/auction
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

I would vote with the "tidy up" group. I'm in that process right now. I don't think I'd be successful sewing anything until I get organized. I always make a mess with any project but now I've ordered even more fabric (which I truly did not need) and I've got to find a way to store it in an organized fashion. Good luck!
                    Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Oh you ladies are so inspiring! Makes me want to go clean up more and pack. Maybe tomorrow

Comment

Thank you for your advice. I usually tidy up after each project but admit I have left some fabric out after my last project so need to get that put away. The problem is that I moved into my sewing room around 18 months ago but didn't get it completely organised straight away because I jumped into sewing bc I was so excited about my space. I think I need to spend some time tidying up!! Won't have much time to sew in the next few days so may as well do the tidying instead!!

Comment

I have been tidying up and have found some 'treasures' I forgot I had.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                          X