Online Suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Suppliers

Years ago I moved to an area where I joined a women's group. The members had done a listing of their favorite hairstylists and salons, doctors, stores for this or that and it was so helpful.

I've done a forum search and was unable to find where members posted their favorite online quilt fabric and notions suppliers.

Every once in awhile on a post here I find a new source. Wouldn't it be great if we all took part and posted our favorite online suppliers. We could even keep it up to-date by each of us adding new suppliers we find from time to time to the same post.

I was hesitate to post this being the MSQC forum. After much thought I came to the conclusion that the MSQC knows we all don't purchase everything from them (though I do 90% of my purchases from them).

I feel that the idea of the forum is caring and sharing of information to each other.

Please correct me if I am wrong as this is the first and only forum I belong to.
    Have a blessed day
    Pam[/I]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Re: Online Suppliers

M* also is the only Forum in which I participate. However, I'm not sure it's fair to them to list all kinds of other resources. I think as people find something special & they want to post a link, that's okay, but I wouldn't feel comfortable making a grand list of other quilting web sites that are in competition to M*. I have other quilting web sites in my Favorites, blogs that I follow, etc., but M* is my priority go-to site.

Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and totally understand. I just wasn't sure what the protocol would be on this. As I stated it is the only forum I belong too also or have ever belonged too.
      Have a blessed day
      Pam[/I]
      [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

There is a fabric store list somewhere. It will show up. There was a blog one too.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I just saw this post after I posted about this subject. The shops I was refering to aren't really in competition with M* though, since my focus was on small online shops that may carry things M* is out of.
          Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I totally agree that our loyalty is to M* or we wouldn't have this forum. sometimes we talk about a grand sale at another site and we share the wealth that way. But a list probably isn't appropriate
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

I have also found that prices and inventory change so much in a fairly short time that it is usually better to search fresh if I am on the hunt for something specific.
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Here's my two cents worth on the subject:

MSQ has provided us, at no cost and free of advertisements (unlike some of the other forums) this wonderful forum to share ideas and recourses. They don't seem to mind the occasional links for websites having a sale, and quite frankly I'm surprised they allow that even.

So I say, let's not abuse the privledge or their generousity with a list on their forum of their competitors.

Remember McDonalds won't allow Burger King to put their menu on on McD's building, Macy's isn't going to put Bloomindales ad on Macy's website.

If you come across a website or sale, feel free to share it if you think others may benefit, and then make your own list by saving the link in your "favorites" on your own computer. Is someone really wants to start a list to share, then I would suggest setting up their own blog/website.

Comment

Working...
                X