Meet Clara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Clara

IMG_1038.jpgIMG_1038.jpgFinally found a Featherweight. I have been looking for awhile, but nothing clicked until this morning. It was advertised on Kijiji & I spotted listing 23 minutes after it was posted & I was her first reply. She had received it as a gift from her mother in law in 1970, but she never enjoyed sewing, so didn't use it much. She had it serviced 12 years ago & hasn't used it since. Excellent condition & stitches beautifully. I named her after my grandmother. I can hardly wait to use her, but have to finish quilting my current project first.

Re: Meet Clara

Wow - Clara looks awesome! Looks to be in mint condition.
    Vonnie

Comment

She's a beauty. I must say, I'm a little green with envy. Great find.
      Robin
      My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Good for you ! I've been wanting one for years and have let people know to contact me if one becomes available. I have seen them but having a hard time finding one that's not beaten up. Almost all I've found (except for ebay which I won't buy from) have the paint chipped off to the aluminum.

Yours looks like it's in wonderful condition. Perfect timing.

Comment

Congratulations on Clara's adoption! I hope you have many, many years of happy sewing together.

Comment

Congratulations on a great find. There is a group over on Facebook if you are interested.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

A beauty who has found a great home where she can be used to create wonderfully sewn items.

Comment

Clara is beautiful! Such a pretty name, too. Enjoy!!!

Comment

Wow, she's beautiful! I am more than a little jealous...
                  Cindy

Comment

what a beauty! Congratulations on such a pretty machine that will serve you well.

I wish my featherweight was so pretty. Mine is pretty beat up, but he sews like a champ.

Comment

Congrats! She is lovely and I'm sure y'all will enjoy a beautiful relationship

Comment

She's a real beauty!!!!!
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

She's a beauty! You couldn't have picked a better name either. My mother in law was Clara and I loved her dearly. She was a wonderful lady. Congratulations on your great find!!

Comment

What is Kijiji?

Comment

Sweet!

I had the card table for years before I wanted a FW. Then it took awhile to find one. I also avoided ebay. I finally got one from a lady on FB from one of the FW groups. Just before Christmas is NOT the time to try to find one.
                              Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Working...
                              X