Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• threadbndr
    replied
    Re: English Paper Piecing with Jenny Doan & Sue Daley - The Quatro Colour Quilt

I love handwork and this one really calls to me with the gradient background.

BUT. I have two other EPP projects in progress. One of the is just a doll quilt and the other is to rescue (and extend) a set of vintage 1930 Grandmother Flower Garden sets that I found when cleaning out my mom's house. They were made by my great aunt, Charlotte, according to what my Mom said.

I'm REALLY trying to keep the Works in Progress under control. Like under 25 (in all my crafts - I also knit and do needlework). But tempting, very tempting.

Leave a comment:

• Spiff
    replied

I think it is really pretty and say more power to the folks that have the patience to do this. I personally hate hand sewing so this would not be my thing. But I can certainly appreciate the beauty of it.

Leave a comment:

• AMG
    replied

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    Very pretty. It looks fun up until the sewing part.
    My thoughts exactly, lol. I'm much more of a "project" person than a "process" person - as much as I admire folks who can do exquisite, complicated or fiddly-bits work, I rarely enjoy it myself. It's actually why I started quilting in the first place - I couldn't knit fast enough to make the baby blankies I wanted to make, but still wanted to gift something handcrafted with a fairly long useable life (that also didn't bore me t o tears in the making - I'm complicated, lol)

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

Lovely quilt. I won't be doing that.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

I won't be doing this one, but it certainly is beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• The Yarnarian
    replied

I've done a lot of EPP, and the Quattro quilt is definitely calling me. Like I need another project.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Very pretty. It looks fun up until the sewing part.

Leave a comment:

• TMP
    replied

Thank you for posting the video. I had often wondered how English paper piecing was done. The quilts are just beautiful. I just can't imagine the time it must take to complete even a small quilt.

Leave a comment:

• Suzette
    replied

I enjoyed the tutorial. EPP is something I have always wanted to do but I just never quite get around to it.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Although EPP is simple, it still takes a lot of time even with a glue stick. It's a wonderful portable project and many hand sewers love it. I have a shoebox full of hexie flowers and have never done anything with them.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Thank you Anika but not something I would do. But it is beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• English Paper Piecing with Jenny Doan & Sue Daley - The Quatro Colour Quilt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dARgEuRoss

Enjoy
Working...
X