MSQ Email or phishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSQ Email or phishing?

I received an email supposedly from MSQ, indicating they need to verify my email address and a link that I should click on. Underneath the message it says it was sent by 'Zendesk' for MSQ customer service. Has anyone else received this? I haven't done anything because I thought it might be a phishing attempt, and I have already been a victim of identity theft. Any input welcome!!!!

Re: MSQ Email or phishing?

I would not click on the link.

Jeannette

Comment

I work in IT and that according to our security training is classic phishing. Don't click the link.

Comment

I would report that to someone at M*.
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

No don't open it!!! Forward it to MSQC or report it to them. They will want to know.

Comment

Definitely ask MSQC. But, Zendesk is a local company here in SF. They are some sort of customer service ...service. So it's probably a company they outsourced some mundane work to as they're growing exponentially. View the link without clicking on it, unless it's a very strange url and is either MSQC or Zendesk it's likely fine. Why would they be verifying your email though?

https://www.zendesk.com

Comment

I agree, phising scam. Don't click on the link. Now the real question is why you? Are you familiar with all the recent "football" spam this forum has been seeing? Have you ever clicked on one of those links? I don't know if there is a connection, just trying to figure out if maybe that's how you got targeted.

Comment

Originally posted by tamsterg7 View Post
                I received an email supposedly from MSQ, indicating they need to verify my email address and a link that I should click on. Underneath the message it says it was sent by 'Zendesk' for MSQ customer service. Has anyone else received this? I haven't done anything because I thought it might be a phishing attempt, and I have already been a victim of identity theft. Any input welcome!!!!
                I believe ZenDesk is the service they are now using for the live chat-I am have massive problems with this service right now. My advice is delete it.
                Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I would just go to the website itself and verify the email that way
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

I would delete the email, notify M*, and forget about it. You could always verify your email address through your account at M*.

Comment

I forwarded and then deleted. Thank you all!

Comment

NEVER reply to emails like that EVER!

Comment

No never received this kind of request from MSQC. I sure wouldn't open it. Call them.

Comment

It is totally fine. I just used the contact us form and after hitting submit the URL I was brought to was https://missouriquiltcohelp.zendesk.com

You must've sent MSQC something, filled out a form. The live chat button Even now says Zendesk at the bottom.

Comment

Someone or something obviously sent something. I got that spam email, too. I did NOT initiate any chat or anything else with MSQC. Maybe someone was trying a search in the MSQ office and made a mistake, or a bot hijacked the list. Nancy's Notions has had spam sent in her catalog's name.

I got a catalog yesterday. I asked MSQC NOT to send catalogs last year as they are a waste of postage. Invariably, catalogs come when I'm too deep in one project to be interested. Some complain about NOT getting catalog and they are the ones that should get it. I do look through the online shop when I'm in between projects. That's why I'm wondering about a search at MSQ gone wrong.

When I'm into a project, that's all that interests me unless the Vulcan or one of the cats has a problem.
                              Last edited by Alpha O; January 26, 2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X