Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric Store

Anyone been here? I would shop for hours. No, on second thought
    it would be so confusing. Probably dirty too.
    https://dishsisters.com/2015/04/03/o...f-your-dreams/
    Last edited by laura44; January 10, 2017, 11:33 PM.

Re: Fabric Store

I was at an over-crowded store similar to this in the Twin Cities. I did not enjoy it. Too hard to pull bolts to examine more closely or to match with coordinating fabrics.

Comment

It might be interesting, but I think you could catch something in there.....like bugs or a rat!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I would be afraid it all might come caving in on me and kill me.

Comment

I like seeing the pictures but I wouldn't want to go there....way too much sensory overload and not enough breathing space.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

O ye faint of heart..............I would LOVE digging around in there.

Comment

I couldn't do it, too difficult to shop.

Comment

It looks like a ball to poke around and find some older fabrics as well as something to go with everything.
                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                Sigmund Freud

Comment

OH, I would love to shop there. What an adventure that would be... all I need is a partner/driver to get the party started.
                  Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                  :icon_wave:

Comment

I think some OCD would kick in if I went there. There used to be a fabric store near me that every time I walked in I felt an almost overwhelming urge to straighten and organize. There was just too many bolts and they were stacked bolt in front of bolt so you couldn't really see what was there.

Comment

It doesn't look like a place to shop for me. It's just too crowded and jumbled for me to make any sense of it.

But.... if I was on a hunt for a specific fabric, this WOULD be the place to search. Granted, it would take time to hunt since it looks like there isn't any sign of organization in the store.

Comment

Faint of heart? No. Sensible. I would not be able to breathe with all the dust that has to be in that claustrophobic nightmare. I'll pass.

Comment

I have been there several times and it is not for the faint-of-heart. There is a second floor with fabric also but I stayed below. Last time I was there about a thousand potholders fell behind me. I had not touched them and the saleslady was not the least concerned. Acted like it happened everyday. Maybe it did. I spent the rest of that shopping day standing beside the door. FYI the fire department is just across the street.

Comment

Once was enough! I think quiltingtrish loves Obie's.

Comment

Originally posted by Henstax View Post
                              FYI the fire department is just across the street.
                              That's pretty appropriate. lol

There was a thread about this store a couple of yeas ago. I had posted about the log cabin heart quilt that is in the article. A few members had said they had been there.
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X