• Show
Clear All

Intro to English Paper Piecing with Jenny Doan & Sue Daley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN7dZJ-R4E8

Enjoy
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Intro to English Paper Piecing with Jenny Doan & Sue Daley

I know I was afraid of English Paper Piecing ... I was so afraid I never even attempted it. Now this looks simple. Thanks for posting ... I need to look into this.

Comment

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
      I know I was afraid of English Paper Piecing ... I was so afraid I never even attempted it. Now this looks simple. Thanks for posting ... I need to look into this.
      I never really had a desire to do it at all, till I watched this! As least I'm considering it now.....
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

It was great to see our local lady Sue Daley with Joan,I am doing a La passacaglia and was able to use Sue's papers, acrylic templates and glue.

Comment

Like many others, I was afraid to even try. OH, so time consuming, etc. Anyway - saw a demo at a lqs a couple of years ago - she explained, showed me (I'm an on-hands learning type person) and went from there. Makes a great take along project for long road trips. Love the idea of the small items - makes you feel like you accomplished something quickly. I made a table runner - probably had a couple of hundred (2 1/2") hexi's - very scrappy. I take it along everywhere now.

Comment

I have been interested in trying this, just to have busy work for long car rides, or other times when a big project is not practical

Comment

Theq products Sue developed make this seem doable. I don't like hand sewing, but maybe I could try it using this method!

Comment

I love EPP work, but at this point it seems like I have been basting for my full size quilt f-o-r-e-v-e-r I will be trying the glue stick.
                Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I started a Grandma's Flower Garden when I went on a cruise in Sept. It was a great
                  take along project, so many people on the cruise came up to me and asked about it.
                  It will take me a long time to make a quilt, but I try to work on it at least an hour every night
                  when watching tv. Using 1930's reproduction fabrics with white, my sister is making one
                  very scrappy with black.

Comment

I learned EPP about a year ago to occupy my time on a LONG flight. I've been addicted to it ever since. I originally tried glue basting but it was a disaster for me so resorted to thread basting. At the Houston International Quilt Show everyone was talking about how awesome glue basting was and demo'ing that method. got back and gave it another try and now I like it. I personally think the glue basting is less portable than thread basting but once you need to start sewing the pieces together it is definitely portable.

I rotate between glue basting and sewing the pieces together to give myself a break from both processes.

Comment

To be honest, I have no interest in trying this.....but I thoroughly enjoyed the tutorial and the fun these ladies were having. I look forward to seeing what the next installment brings.
                      Sandy B.
                      "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

So trying this! I bought hexagon papers a year or more ago........just need the ump to get started. Now to just pick some fabrics and get going!

Comment

I started EPP a couple of years ago; I learned as I went. Watching tutorials on You Tube by various creators. I do not use a glue pen; my hexagons are all hand basted and hand stitched. I created this project for a quilt show entry in the fall of 2016.....the quilting was by machine though....

Quilt_Show_entry[1] (729x800).jpg
                          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

The blooper at the end was hilarious!
                            Karen

Comment

So after you make a bunch of these EPP bits you have to tack them down onto another piece of fabric? Has anyone ever made one of those flower quilts using these bits? It seems like it would be very time consuming but perhaps that's all part of the fun. I want to try it but I'd need to do more research on how it's make into a quilt.
                              Tammy W.

Comment

Working...
                              X