X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tesspug
    replied
    Re: Wandering foot pedal

I "leashed" mine. I wrapped the cord around my sewing table leg. It moves a bit but can't get far.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

You know, I didn't even know this was a universal problem. I've been having it for 40 years and have just accepted the fact that it moves. But yesterday, after reading the post, it started bothering me. hummm. I like this idea of the silicone. I have a pie plate from silicone that I bet the pedal would fit nicely in. I just haven't gotten used to the idea that I can cook in something that is so flexible so I might as well put it to use.
    Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Well now I feel kind of silly answering my own question!! I experimented this afternoon with different things I had around the house because it is freezing here and I wanted to wear my pajamas all day and not go out. I had a silicone hot pad in my kitchen drawer that I don't really use. It's about 6" square and about 1/4" thick, kind of cushy, waffle pattern. I tried that under the foot pedal and it is working just great! I only sewed for about an hour but the pedal didn't move at all, and it is a nice cushy feel under my foot. I like it! And it was free!!

Leave a comment:

• giig21
    replied

Originally posted by CheyMom14 View Post
    Martelli No-Slip Foot Pedal or Machine Pad - depending on how big your foot pedal is - works great.
    Have this and it's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• AMG
    replied

Originally posted by Over40momma View Post
    My hubby gave me a piece of rubberized tile (hardware stores sell it for garage mats) and it works perfectly. No slip, no slide, no disappearing and the 12 inch square cost about 2 dollars.
    Oh, that's a great idea.

I've been using a square of shelf liner and it's ok, but the pedal still creeps around somewhat. I have several large interlocking foam squares (sort of like what you see for kids playroom, but more industrial) and I'm going to give that a try

Leave a comment:

• Over40momma
    replied

My hubby gave me a piece of rubberized tile (hardware stores sell it for garage mats) and it works perfectly. No slip, no slide, no disappearing and the 12 inch square cost about 2 dollars.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

The foot pedals for both my DSM and Tiara are on carpeting, but they still manage to travel a little bit. I just keep readjusting them. I also wondered if a mouse pad would work. It sounds like several folks have been creative to solve the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Mary Lynn
    replied

I have ceramic tile floor, so pedal was really sliding around. Husband heard me grumbling one day. He went to garage & returned with a piece of the tile, which now sits between pedal & wall. My problem solved at no cost!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

I use Velcro hook side on mine and it sticks to the carpet. I have various types of foot pedal pads, and they all creep somewhat.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Originally posted by CheyMom14 View Post
    Martelli No-Slip Foot Pedal or Machine Pad - depending on how big your foot pedal is - works great.
    For the price, it does not last as long as it should. I think mine made it about six months and it as slip and sliding all over the place. I do love the bigger mat they sell that sits under my machine though!

When I used to work, we could talk on the radio either with a button you pushed by hand or a foot pedal (that slid all over the place!). It made me crazy, so I put Velcro on the bottom of it and it stuck to the carpeting and that did not move to save it's soul. Of course, others bitched about it so they took it off and we had to chase that pedal all over the place again.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

Well now I feel kind of silly answering my own question!! I experimented this afternoon with different things I had around the house because it is freezing here and I wanted to wear my pajamas all day and not go out. I had a silicone hot pad in my kitchen drawer that I don't really use. It's about 6" square and about 1/4" thick, kind of cushy, waffle pattern. I tried that under the foot pedal and it is working just great! I only sewed for about an hour but the pedal didn't move at all, and it is a nice cushy feel under my foot. I like it! And it was free!!

Leave a comment:

• Alpha O
    replied

The Pedal-Sta doesn't work. The non-slip shelf liners and the stuff you cut and put under scatter rugs doesn't work, either. I've got velcro dots on the bottom of the pedal on the Pedal-Sta and those slip. I think some has to do with our ubiquitous cat hair problem. But I'd rather keep have my cats. I've got some kind of roll laminate flooring in the sewing room. I did have shag carpet, but got tired of picking out threads and losing pins in same.

I've been trying to get the knots out of the Snowshoe's fur (she's short-haired) and I got enough fur and undercoat out of her in a half hour's brushing to start another cat. Multiply that X3.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
    Sandy made these really cool pedal things for the retreat. They are made with rubberized shelf liner, and a pool noodle.
    I love mine - use it all the time. I still haven't sewn the line across and it works great anyhow.

Leave a comment:

• Deegles
    replied

I put the foot control under my chair and use the heel of my foot to press it. It keeps it within reach but still scootches a little.

Leave a comment:

• CheyMom14
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Carolnnc
    replied

Hubby build a box for my foot pedal and made it large enough that I could rest my right foot on the box (I use my left foot on the control pedal.) Keeping both legs at the same height keeps me from having sciatica after long bouts of sewing. The box has an inset door across the bottom that latches and a handle on one end. I put my scissors, rotary cutter and other items I need when I take the box to a class. It's not pretty but it works great.
    birds 007.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X