Wandering foot pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wandering foot pedal

I use Velcro hook side on mine and it sticks to the carpet. I have various types of foot pedal pads, and they all creep somewhat.

Comment

I have ceramic tile floor, so pedal was really sliding around. Husband heard me grumbling one day. He went to garage & returned with a piece of the tile, which now sits between pedal & wall. My problem solved at no cost!
      Mary Lynn Ontario Canada

Comment

The foot pedals for both my DSM and Tiara are on carpeting, but they still manage to travel a little bit. I just keep readjusting them. I also wondered if a mouse pad would work. It sounds like several folks have been creative to solve the problem.

Comment

My hubby gave me a piece of rubberized tile (hardware stores sell it for garage mats) and it works perfectly. No slip, no slide, no disappearing and the 12 inch square cost about 2 dollars.
          Sandy B.
          "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

Originally posted by Over40momma View Post
            My hubby gave me a piece of rubberized tile (hardware stores sell it for garage mats) and it works perfectly. No slip, no slide, no disappearing and the 12 inch square cost about 2 dollars.
            Oh, that's a great idea.

I've been using a square of shelf liner and it's ok, but the pedal still creeps around somewhat. I have several large interlocking foam squares (sort of like what you see for kids playroom, but more industrial) and I'm going to give that a try

Comment

Originally posted by CheyMom14 View Post
              Martelli No-Slip Foot Pedal or Machine Pad - depending on how big your foot pedal is - works great.
              Have this and it's awesome.
              Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Comment

You know, I didn't even know this was a universal problem. I've been having it for 40 years and have just accepted the fact that it moves. But yesterday, after reading the post, it started bothering me. hummm. I like this idea of the silicone. I have a pie plate from silicone that I bet the pedal would fit nicely in. I just haven't gotten used to the idea that I can cook in something that is so flexible so I might as well put it to use.
                Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                Well now I feel kind of silly answering my own question!! I experimented this afternoon with different things I had around the house because it is freezing here and I wanted to wear my pajamas all day and not go out. I had a silicone hot pad in my kitchen drawer that I don't really use. It's about 6" square and about 1/4" thick, kind of cushy, waffle pattern. I tried that under the foot pedal and it is working just great! I only sewed for about an hour but the pedal didn't move at all, and it is a nice cushy feel under my foot. I like it! And it was free!!
                success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                Terry of NC

Comment

I "leashed" mine. I wrapped the cord around my sewing table leg. It moves a bit but can't get far.
                  Quilters never die, they just go batts.

Comment

Working...
                  X