Wandering foot pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wandering foot pedal

Have you tried any DIY solutions to keep your foot pedal in place? I have a wooden frame under my desk on the carpet that prevents my foot pedal from totally winding up in the corner, so it corrals it a little but still moves around sideways, sometimes tips over, etc. Was going to order a pedal mat from Amazon but the reviews were not too good so I did not order it. Any suggestions? My floor is carpeted. Double stick tape does not hold it down.

Re: Wandering foot pedal

Sandy made these really cool pedal things for the retreat. They are made with rubberized shelf liner, and a pool noodle.
    Attached Files
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

Two things to try are shelf liner, and a mouse pad.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-43277-S...ds=shelf+liner

It is so annoying. I built a wood frame like you did, but I am tempted to invent something that attaches the foot petal right to my chair. When my chair moves the foot petal should move with it. Grr.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I use a square of shelf liner and it does pretty good. I like the addition of a pool noodle. Great idea
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I have a block of wood against the wall to prevent mine from traveling out of my foots reach. The carpet seems to keep it from traveling side to side.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

I am going to try this! I tried just the shelf liner by itself but that didn't work too well. I have pool noodles I have already starting cutting on for other purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
              Sandy made these really cool pedal things for the retreat. They are made with rubberized shelf liner, and a pool noodle.
              Will that work on carpet as well.

Comment

Would heavy duty Velcro grip the carpet?

Comment

Hubby build a box for my foot pedal and made it large enough that I could rest my right foot on the box (I use my left foot on the control pedal.) Keeping both legs at the same height keeps me from having sciatica after long bouts of sewing. The box has an inset door across the bottom that latches and a handle on one end. I put my scissors, rotary cutter and other items I need when I take the box to a class. It's not pretty but it works great.
                  birds 007.jpg
                  :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Martelli No-Slip Foot Pedal or Machine Pad - depending on how big your foot pedal is - works great.

Comment

I put the foot control under my chair and use the heel of my foot to press it. It keeps it within reach but still scootches a little.
                      Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
                        I love mine - use it all the time. I still haven't sewn the line across and it works great anyhow.
                        Cindy

Comment

The Pedal-Sta doesn't work. The non-slip shelf liners and the stuff you cut and put under scatter rugs doesn't work, either. I've got velcro dots on the bottom of the pedal on the Pedal-Sta and those slip. I think some has to do with our ubiquitous cat hair problem. But I'd rather keep have my cats. I've got some kind of roll laminate flooring in the sewing room. I did have shag carpet, but got tired of picking out threads and losing pins in same.

I've been trying to get the knots out of the Snowshoe's fur (she's short-haired) and I got enough fur and undercoat out of her in a half hour's brushing to start another cat. Multiply that X3.

Comment

Well now I feel kind of silly answering my own question!! I experimented this afternoon with different things I had around the house because it is freezing here and I wanted to wear my pajamas all day and not go out. I had a silicone hot pad in my kitchen drawer that I don't really use. It's about 6" square and about 1/4" thick, kind of cushy, waffle pattern. I tried that under the foot pedal and it is working just great! I only sewed for about an hour but the pedal didn't move at all, and it is a nice cushy feel under my foot. I like it! And it was free!!

Comment

Originally posted by CheyMom14 View Post
                              Martelli No-Slip Foot Pedal or Machine Pad - depending on how big your foot pedal is - works great.
                              For the price, it does not last as long as it should. I think mine made it about six months and it as slip and sliding all over the place. I do love the bigger mat they sell that sits under my machine though!

When I used to work, we could talk on the radio either with a button you pushed by hand or a foot pedal (that slid all over the place!). It made me crazy, so I put Velcro on the bottom of it and it stuck to the carpeting and that did not move to save it's soul. Of course, others bitched about it so they took it off and we had to chase that pedal all over the place again.
                              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
                              X