X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Newbie
    replied
    Re: Gifting a Quilt

Thanks for sharing this story. Kindness is always a wonderful thing.

Leave a comment:

• Over40momma
    replied

Carol, your story touched me deeply. You thought the quilt was ugly, he thought the paper too ugly to send a thank you note on.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

I LOVE a story with a happy ending.

Leave a comment:

• Yanna
    replied

Beautiful story.

Leave a comment:

• Preeti
    replied

Awww.......
    I'd bawl my eyes out too.

Leave a comment:

• cashs mom
    replied

I gifted my first quilt in December. I made it for the woman who has been our receptionist in the building for over 10 years now. She and I bonded over quilting and 60+ woman stuff. She was so thrilled! She's always sewn for her kids and grandkids but is just getting into sewing. She bought a new Bernina 770 for a retirement gift to herself and is ready to go. She loved the quilt I gave her and thanked me in person and in an email. I told her with her new machine, she'd be making better quilts than I make in no time. I really make quilts for myself but I have to admit that her reaction was very gratifying. I understand your feelings.

Leave a comment:

• Carolnnc
    replied

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
    Beautiful story - I sure hope you took a picture of it and can put his note along with that picture in a scrapbook.
    I actually did! I wasn't always good about photographing and notating what quilts I made. Last year I started a photograph album of my quilts and had people who had received my quilts to send me pictures. My son laughed and said his baby book didn't look as good as the quilt album!

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

That quilt was meant to be his. Great heartwarming story on this cold January day.

Leave a comment:

• Carol336
    replied

WOW - that is so heartwarming.......I got goose bumps just reading his awesome note. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• luvnsexy
    replied

There is one quilt here in this house that is waiting for a special home. Not that it is a bad quilt - it is not. BUT it is not a quilt of my choice. It was my first participation in a mystery quilt. I called it the ugly quilt but others liked it, so that was not appropriate, (the color choice is a bit different) so my dear Mister and I started calling it the bargin bin quilt. We figure that some day someone will look at it and think - wow that is amazing. That person will be the proud owner of a new Bargin Bin Quilt.

Leave a comment:

• dwil23
    replied

Beautiful story - I sure hope you took a picture of it and can put his note along with that picture in a scrapbook.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Wonderful warm story, thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

Lovely thing you did, Carol; kudos to you and your hubs. I'm praying for your uncle, that the quilt will inspire him to better things for himself and for healing all around in your DH's family. Love does amazing things!

Leave a comment:

• KelNC
    replied

Thank you for sharing this. So sweet and heartfelt.

Leave a comment:

• Anna Leigh
    replied

That is so heart warming. Despite the distance between the family, that was awfully sweet to get that thank you note. Those are a rarity these days!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X