quilting feet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quilting feet!

Hi All, I wanted to know if you suffer from quilters feet?? I know I do. Maybe there is a time limit?? ha ha.....
    Anyone have a solution?

Re: quilting feet!

Not sure what quilters feet is, but I know I have sewer's ankle. I have tendinitis (sp?) in my right ankle, that I finally figures out was due to the constant pressure on my foot pedal, and also when I'm just sitting to do hand sewing work I tend to keep my toes down and heel up, which puts more strain on that tendon than if my foot was flat.

Comment

I swap feet regularly. It solves that issue. Also, my old Singer has a clamshell foot pedal, which is opposite the more modern ones, so using that machine alternately also helps.

Comment

I sometimes think I get leg cramps from long hours at the sewing machine using the foot pedal.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I get up and move around to go press, put in laundry, whatever to prevent leg/foot problems. I also can use either foot on the foot pedal. I learned to sew using my right foot on the pedal but when I bought my first Bernina 20-some years ago, I switched to my left foot because the knee lift was on the right.
          Patrice S

Comment

Working...
          X