• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soul60s
    replied
    Re: It's been a very long time

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
    I recommend that you first read your owner's manual. Then, join the machine embroidery group here at M*. The Group is great about answering questions, but you can also ask on the general forum. Start with something simple, without too many thread colors. Don't forget about YouTube. Do a search for beginner machine embroidery and a whole world of information will open up to you. I do a lot of machine embroidery and you can pm me anytime.

Here are some of my favorite places to look and buy. For designs: www.emblibrary.com www.urbanthreads.com. There are also some nice designs on Etsy. For thread you can't beat the quality or price at www.metrothreads.com.

Happy Stitching!!
    I did, I read the manual but I'm more of a visual person . The manual doesn't have a step by step on doing a simple design, nor should it. I just needed to see someone do a simple design.

I joined a group here. I forgot how much I loved seeing everyone's work. That's what got me started with sewing 2 years ago. It was so inspiring. I had that feeling again when I saw what others had done with embroidery on here.

I'm looking forward to creating a NCW that is embroidered. I bought the NCW templates and have only been able to use them 3 times to make wallets.

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Hello Joanne. I don't know a thing about machine emb but there's lots of experts here LOL! Just wanted to say welcome back! Dont be a stranger!
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

Originally posted by JCY View Post
    I have no clue about embroidery machines. My LQS, which sells the machines & the software, offers classes, but it sounds like those aren't available for you. I hope you find the help you need. Welcome back, & congrats on your new machine. Have fun.
    I just found out yesterday that my LQS closed down. I think I am going to be brave enough tomorrow to try my first embroidery pattern. It's a one color outline of a flower. I have been watching videos on youtube. There was one lady that explained things step by step but she only had 3 videos and that was from 2014. I don't think she's going to make more.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

I have no clue about embroidery machines. My LQS, which sells the machines & the software, offers classes, but it sounds like those aren't available for you. I hope you find the help you need. Welcome back, & congrats on your new machine. Have fun.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

Hello Joanne. I don't know a thing about machine emb but there's lots of experts here LOL! Just wanted to say welcome back! Dont be a stranger!

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
    I love my PE 770. Can't really point you to any good tutorials other than Vince Arcuri, he knows what he is talking about, but is rather long winded. There is also a very good FB group for new and seasoned users. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...vanced%20users

I had never used an embroidery machine in my life, but I just jumped in with both feet and did it. My favorite thing to do is applique, but I also like doing towels. I have bought tons of designs and fonts on line....(the built in ones aren't all that great). Designs by JuJu, and Embrilibrary, are a couple I use. I mostly use medium tear away, medium cut away, poly mesh and water soluble stabilizers. Get good needles, ( I buy Organ Embroidery 75/11 from Amazon, and 75/11 ball point...you need these for knits) that is the brand that Brother recommends.
    There are some great resources to learn which type of stabilizer for what kind of fabric... I will say if you embroidery on quilting cotton, starch the heck out of it.
    I am so glad that I wasn't the only person who thought him long winded.i kinda need step by step instructions. It's very intimating when you can't even begin without someone watchin

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
    Can I ask she r bayou got t h e game of thrones fabric
    I got the fabric at spoonflower.com

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
    Hi Joanne, welcome back! I can't help with your machine but congratulations! Someone will be able to help you. Have fun with your new toy.
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ Thank you. I have felt like I've been walking around in the woods for the last year. A warmth and understanding is always fould here.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I recommend that you first read your owner's manual. Then, join the machine embroidery group here at M*. The Group is great about answering questions, but you can also ask on the general forum. Start with something simple, without too many thread colors. Don't forget about YouTube. Do a search for beginner machine embroidery and a whole world of information will open up to you. I do a lot of machine embroidery and you can pm me anytime.

Here are some of my favorite places to look and buy. For designs: www.emblibrary.com www.urbanthreads.com. There are also some nice designs on Etsy. For thread you can't beat the quality or price at www.metrothreads.com.

Happy Stitching!!

Leave a comment:

• shermur
    replied

Welcome back, Joanne!
    I am sure you'll get the hang of your new machine any day now! IT does take practice!

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

howdy and welcome back to the forum!

Congratulations on the new machine! I hope you have some time to play with it and quilt too.

There's an embroidery group here that has a lot of information - sites for designs, sites for stabilizers and whatnot. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=154 is the link to it.

Go to Embroidery Library - http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/default.aspx - and go to the Help tab. There are a few articles that can help you get started. And they have two monthly free designs that you can play with if you like. Or your machine probably has a few too.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

I love my PE 770. Can't really point you to any good tutorials other than Vince Arcuri, he knows what he is talking about, but is rather long winded. There is also a very good FB group for new and seasoned users. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...vanced%20users

I had never used an embroidery machine in my life, but I just jumped in with both feet and did it. My favorite thing to do is applique, but I also like doing towels. I have bought tons of designs and fonts on line....(the built in ones aren't all that great). Designs by JuJu, and Embrilibrary, are a couple I use. I mostly use medium tear away, medium cut away, poly mesh and water soluble stabilizers. Get good needles, ( I buy Organ Embroidery 75/11 from Amazon, and 75/11 ball point...you need these for knits) that is the brand that Brother recommends.
    There are some great resources to learn which type of stabilizer for what kind of fabric... I will say if you embroidery on quilting cotton, starch the heck out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Carol336
    replied

Can I ask she r bayou got t h e game of thrones fabric

Leave a comment:

• Rhonda K
    replied

Hi Joanne!

Welcome Back! Oh you are going to have fun with your machine. Have you done EMB before or starting new?

Check the Floriani website for resources and information. There is a stabilizer workbook to assist you with types and uses. For stabilizer remember "hoop if you can hoop" and "fuse if you can fuse". These are methods that typically get better stitching results on your projects. Many times, I add a lightweight fusible stabilizer to the background fabric or applique fabric to add support.

Did you get the bobbin in correctly? Remember to pull the thread off a little bit and make it look like a "p" in your hand. Bobbin thread come off bobbin on left. The "p" is "perfect".

Also check your design file for stitch count and size. Match these to what your machine allows.

The Brother site has FAQ and Troubleshooting section specific to your machine that may also help you.

Most of all...have Fun!

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

Hi Joanne, welcome back! I can't help with your machine but congratulations! Someone will be able to help you. Have fun with your new toy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X