Color opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color opinion

We have a new member that made a Summer in the Park and I think I want to use one of my Fasset rolls to make one. I'm just not sure about the white contrast. Any ideas?

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...16-design-roll

I have the Caribbean too but it's sold out to show you. Maybe a braid for that one.
    🌺 Lorie

Re: Color opinion

What about a light gray solid? The Kaffe fabrics are pretty.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I think the white would be nice, but if you don't like that, maybe a pastel yellow would be good. It would complement the other colors.

Comment

I think t would really POP with the white, but if you're not sure, try laying out a few strips on a piece of white & see what you think. My second suggestion was also going to be a light grey

Comment

I think white would look best but if you don't like that, then maybe a light blue which would look good with all those purples.I think gray would look too blah with the kaffe.

Comment

My rule of thumb... I use what is in the fabrics... for instance if the Jelly Roll has tons of colors and white... I would use white for my solid or background... If it's a cream or light beige... I would use that.

That Jelly Roll has white in it, I would stick with white it will be really pretty.

Comment

I used that color jelly roll with a fairly strong blue. Not good. I didn't know how bad it was looking till I got it completed. I didn't like it with a pale yellow either. I would now suggest white. Or maybe black?

Comment

Originally posted by Snip Snip View Post
                I used that color jelly roll with a fairly strong blue. Not good. I didn't know how bad it was looking till I got it completed. I didn't like it with a pale yellow either. I would now suggest white. Or maybe black?
                I was looking at a blue, so thanks for the heads up.

I have a light and dark grey and a creamy white. I'll take some pictures to see side by side.

Thanks!
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'd go with white, but that's and easy option for me because I've always got white fabric.

There aren't many photos with another color except white. I was thinking of a dark blue, but since Snip Snip had a bad experience with it, how about a black? That would be a good color.

Comment

Have a look at Riley Blake's Basic Shades Snow. I think it would go well. I bought a table runner kit to sample this line of fabric and really like them.
                    "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
                    Hillary Clinton

Comment

Good morning, Lorie.

I used a bright white with similar Kaffe fabrics of your jelly roll. This may give you a visual.

IMG_1690.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by KaylaWalker View Post
                        Good morning, Lorie.

I used a bright white with similar Kaffe fabrics of your jelly roll. This may give you a visual.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]138752[/ATTACH]
                        Good Morning! How did you know I was up early. I really like the white now that I see it. It's too dark right now to get everything out, so I'm watching the Bachelor, which I said I wouldn't do. lol
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Lorie, I was thinking a creamy white or an off white. I do think the lighter solid white color will make those beautiful colors pop.
                          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I hate falling back on white for my background colors.

For your fabric above -- what about a pale blue .... so pale you have to ask "Is that nearly white or does it have grey in it?"

Or, the darkest purple from the fabric itself -- which to me seems to be from the top row, 3rd fabric sample with the geometric shapes ... the dark purple rectangle.

Use a white background when you must, but don't settle for it! White backgrounds are to quilts what lettuce is to salad ... why not go for arugula or kale! LOL
                            Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
                            http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Lorie, have you thought about using one of the lighter colored Kaffe shot cottons for the solid? I have some of the Aegean and it's awesome with the Kaffe blue prints.

Comment

Working...
                              X