Scissors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scissors

Hi there, looking for recommendations for small scissor that have sharp point, and cut all the way to the end. Starting a new project and my scissors are not good enough.

Thanks in advance
    Debbie

Re: Scissors

Kai scissors are really nice and they have free shipping

http://kaiscissors.com/kai-5100-4-in...raft-scissors/
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

If you know someone at your local hospital or doctors office, see if they can score you a pair of the scissors used for removing stitches. They usually just throw them away after one use these days which is a crime, since they are really good scissors. I've had mine for a long time, and they STILL cut clear to the (very sharp) tip.

Comment

I like Karen Kay Buckley's scissors - come in lots of sizes. Lots of quilt shops carry them, here is a link for Amazon, so you can see what they look like

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_8rk1zdksbw_b
        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Kai. Kai. Oh, did I mention Kai?
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

KAI scissors! I have several and love everyone of them. KAI ships free within the US. I use my N5135 (5 1/2") constantly. They're a great size for trimming threads, cutting dog ears, etc. They have a 3 piece gift set of 8" dressmaker shears, the 5 1/2" and a pair of 4" needlecraft for $49.99, which I consider a great buy for this quality. Their scissors are manufactured in Japan and they cut like butter right to the very tip.

http://kaiscissors.com/kai-gs1-5000-...iece-gift-set/

Comment

I use Fiskars. I have them in embroidery size and a little larger. I also have their left handed dressmakers scissors which I have been using for around 25 years and never had to sharpen!!

Comment

My daughter gifted me a two piece set of Kai scissors and I've never been happier. She also gave me some Gingher snippers but the Kai are far better. The holes for your fingers are larger and the scissor is very comfortable. I wouldn't have dreamed it would make that much difference. Just leave it to the kids to figure out what is best. Plus, she isn't as cheap as I am and doesn't think about money the same way I do. She's lucky to have a husband to support her well.
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

KAI scissors are the bomb! They are unbelievably sharp and cut totally to the end.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks, I think I will be buying some KAI very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                      KAI scissors are the bomb! They are unbelievably sharp and cut totally to the end.
                      I think I should get some KAI scissors... what do you think?

Comment

I have been using Havels 7-serrated-fabric-scissors to do the exploding block. I noticed one blade is very pointy, and one is not quite. They snip into the fabric nicely, and cut all the way to the end, without 'over' cutting into the threads.
                        Last edited by PrettyCurious; January 4, 2017, 03:40 AM.
                        Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I agree about the Kai scissors. Sometimes they offer a sale also.

Comment

On the Kai scissors, what is the most common size used for quilting? I am wondering which ones you are all using. Thanks.
                            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I like Ginghers. I have several pair. The shears, small scissors and the applique scissors are all good for cutting right to the end.
                              Patrice S

Comment

Working...
                              X