Guilty of getting a new machine!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guilty of getting a new machine!!!

Yesterday I brought home the Brother DreamWeaver vq3000. I am so excited. I have been watching videos, and playing with it today. I will have more time tomorrow to get acclimated to her. She just hums when she stitches!!!

So I am super excited, and feeling guilty too. As with many of us, I have a very hard time making a large purchase for my own enjoyment. (My husband was totally on board with the purchase, in fact he was filling out all the paper work while I was getting some instructions about the machines features. So the guilt is self inflicted!

I just wanted to share some of my excitement...if any of you have this machine (or the Babylock Crescendo, which I understand is the identical machine) I would love to hear about it. What is your favorite feature? Is the laser as awesome as I think it will be?

Here's to a good 2017 for everyone!

Re: Guilty of getting a new machine!!!

Congrats on your new machine. I understand your self inflicted feeling of guilt, I too suffer from that problem when spending money on myself. But usually find that as long as I enjoy and use the item the guilt goes away. So enjoy the rxperience and have lots of fun creating beautiful quilts and other stuff with it. You deserve it.

Comment

Enjoy your new machine!

Is this machine sewing/quilting (no embroidery module)? You will love it!

I have the Crescendo machine and love the laser. It took me a while to even turn it on. But now I always use it and also the pivot function when stitching.

The walking foot is great for attaching binding to your quilts too.

Have fun!

Comment

I think I'd have rather bought a sewing machine than the washing machine I had to buy! Have fun!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I have the Brother and love it. I love the laser light too. The walking foot is great too. The lighting of the machine is wonderful. Truthfully I haven't found anything I don't like!!!!Have fun..... I know you will!

Comment

This sounds epic - a sewing machine with a laser - what does it do?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryUK View Post
              This sounds epic - a sewing machine with a laser - what does it do?
              You never have to mark the lines before sewing flying geese units or half square triangles, etc. Not sure what else you can use it for, but considering I must have sewed hundreds of flying geese last year, I was wanting that machine.

Comment

Congratulation! I have the Baby Lock Destiny and yes, I did have that guilty feeling....for about 5 minutes. Husband was so on-board with this. We look at it as this is much less expensive that a therapist!! AND I have something to show at the end besides an invoice!!
                Seriously, we all feel we must hold back for ourselves to provide for our family....we are always last.
                Enjoy your new machine, share your projects with your husband (mine listens and enjoyed my happiness when I show him my creations....or at least he pretends), and most of all.... Do not feel guilty, your husband knows you're deserved it!

Comment

I have the baby Lock crescendo , I love it! The laser light is wonderful , i use it a lot!
                  I also felt very quilty about it, but it wasn't long until I felt I had made the right desicion. Enjoy your new machine!

Comment

Guilt...what a strange emotion. We all seem to have it. I know I do. I got the new machine for Christmas and I had to go pick it up and I know that feeling. I was afraid it wasn't really going to be that much better than the old machine which I love and was feeling like it was a huge purchase. Yesterday he asked me how I liked it and I told him it was great...It sewed wonderful. He said better than the old one and I said "yes!"
                    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                    Terry

Comment

ENJOY.... I am so onboard with the value and abilities of Brother!!! I have many machines and my newest Brother shines as bright any any of them.... you are in for a treat... Especially if you have a storefront to get to "just in case"... HNY
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Enjoy!! That laser feature is quite a nice thing!

Comment

I understand your feelings of guilt, I felt that way when DH bought my Viking SE, it was so expensive, but he did all the buying and picking out of the machine. I LOVE it. My other machine was a 1969 Singer so this was a giant step up in technology that I so appreciated. I tell him I love it often and he sees that I'm having productive fun with it. Have fun with your new machine.

Comment

WooHoo! Congratulations on the new machine!

Comment

Working...
                            X