Help! Baby Kisses Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Baby Kisses Tutorial

I'm so confused. The Block magazine includes this pattern and that's what I'm using for my directions. I've watched the video and it appears to be the same instructions. If I follow the instructions, my points are chopped off and it's driving me nuts. I've played around with this pattern all day and still can't get things rights.......ain't nobody got time for this! Just kidding......anytime in my sewing room is great by me, but I'd like to keep it in a forward progress movement. 😊

The Block magazine pictures do not show chopped off points. What am I missing???

Re: Help! Baby Kisses Tutorial

I don't understand how your points can be chopped off. You are sewing squares to two opposite corners of your square and after they are pressed and trimmed you still have a square. When these are sewn together you should have points. Can you post a picture of what's happening?
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

One suggestion I have is: are your seams quarter inch? I know when things don't match or I'm losing points it is because I got sloppy with my quarter inch seams.

Comment

I just watched the tutorial and if you stop the video right where Jenny trims the thread off her first completed center block, you will see she lost some of her points, too. All the outer points are perfect.....take a look. I don't think you are doing anything wrong at all.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

When you sew 2 1/2" squares onto 5" squares and they meet at the middle instead of overlapping, the point is on the very edge of the fabric. When you sew that in another seam, you lose the point.
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Thanks! I guess I'm not going crazy after all........except cutting off points makes me go bananas. I'm going with it though.......no stress sewing. ��

Comment

Yes your corner 2-1/2" squares that you sew on the diagonal and then trim away need to overlap or you will lose your points.

Comment

Jenny posted a new blog this morning. It's a different pattern, but there are tips on snowballing your 5" squares. Take a peek and scroll down to see.
                http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/

Comment

Working...
                X