Your First Sewing of 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your First Sewing of 2017

Hy everyone! What is your first sewing of the first day of the New Year?
    I decided to do something for me and made block 2 of Pat Sloan's Solstice Challenge!
    2.jpg
    I want to see what you're doing to start a new sewing year
    Last edited by Juliet Taylor; January 1, 2017, 06:27 AM.
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Re: Your First Sewing of 2017

Happy new year! You block looks wonderful!

I made myself a new cover for my ironing board using the tutorial by Rob Apel

Sorry the picture is upside down
    Attached Files
    Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Comment

My first sewing will probably use a Flaurie & Finch Blossom Batiks jellyroll. I'm still debating on what the actual project will be. Love your block.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I'll be hand quilting on a half-finished quilt. Should have it finished before the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliet Taylor View Post
          Hy everyone! What is your first sewing of the first day of the New Year?
          I decided to do something for me and made block 2 of Pat Sloan's Solstice Challenge!
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]138537[/ATTACH]
          I want to see what you're doing to start a new sewing year
          I am doing this as well. Your block looks wonderful. I am looking forward to next weeks block.

solctice 2.jpg
          There are no perfect quilts, because I am a imperfect quilter.

Sharon :icon_hi:

Comment

Finishing my dog's new coat that I started last month.

Comment

Got another Frozen panel started for someone who saw the ones I made for my cousins grands and wanted one just like it , I really don't enjoy making 2 of anything just alike so changed the border fabric and my do a different quilting design in it. Happy sewing in 2017 to everyone. Oh and I have the solstice challenge block to get done also, love yours.

Comment

I love to know that are more doing the Solstice challenge since I've started following sew-alongs I've been loving the sense of community and sharing ispiration involved
                Everyone is doing so many different projects! I love it! thanks for sharing!
                My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I am FMQ a Laurel Burch Christmas panel. I don't usually quilt this dense, but since it is a small piece and will hang on the wall and never be washed I decided to experiment with "quilting it to do death" Having fun so far.

100_3157.jpg
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

I will be cutting my fabric to add my 4 quilt preparations so that after my surgery on Thursday sometime in March I will hopefully be able to starting blocks together.

Hope you have blessed day and wonderful New Year
                    Have a blessed day
                    Pam[/I]
                    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

I'm determined to finish a 4 or 5 year old WIP: Reusable shopping totes. I cut out a ton of these and completed most of them because they wrapped Xmas gifts that year. The unfinished ones are mine, lol. I have 4 left to do and that ssud, I'm getting off my toochis now & going to git 'er dun!!

Comment

I love the Pat Sloan challenge, thanks for posting! Maybe
                        start it as a group on this Forum?
                        I have decided to start using some of the MANY
                        precuts I have.

Comment

We seem to be thinking on similar paths :-) I started an 8 point star with the Y seams which is a new learning experience for me. I have it all cut out now this morning and it's time to start stitching it together. I'm trying to be really meticulous. Who knows...maybe I'll have it done tonight. I'm using a utube video that Edith Sitka (sp?) has up there. I'll do a few of those and then move on to her intermediate course. :-)
                          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

My first sewing of the new year was a repair on my son's back brace he wears when unloading the truck at work. But I have plenty planned. Yesterday I made a new small change purse and water bottle snuggie for work.
                            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                            Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by laura44 View Post
                              I love the Pat Sloan challenge, thanks for posting! Maybe
                              start it as a group on this Forum?
                              I have decided to start using some of the MANY
                              precuts I have.
                              Good idea! But I don't know how to do it, do you want to? Otherwise we can all meet around here and there

Carlie Sounds nice!

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Working...
                              X