Rediscover a treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rediscover a treasure

So I decided to go through my existing fabric and reorganize it all. Thankfully I do not have much in the way of "stash" but I do have "sets". Like precuts and yardage. All in waiting for the quilt.

My treasure find? At the bottom of my tub I find The Front Porch fabric charm packs with yardage that I bought right before it became unavailable. Um almost three years ago? Goodness that is a long time to be holding onto fabric!

I was so tickled and remembered I had to buy it all from three different places in order to get what I needed **cough wanted** and decided that in 2017 I will finally make that quilt. After I finish my two UFO's. Oh and one "quilt along". I think that will keep me quite busy for 2017.

Moral and not to self: go through your fabric more often and rediscover your fabric treasures.

Any one else rediscover a fabric treasure?
    There are no perfect quilts, because I am a imperfect quilter.

Sharon :icon_hi:

Re: Rediscover a treasure

Wow that is so cool that you found it!! I am heading into my sewing room later today or tomorrow to straighten up the big mess I made. I am wishing and hoping to find some forgotten good stuff or "buried treasure" too!

Comment

Hoping you find that magic fabric! Let us know what you found.
      There are no perfect quilts, because I am a imperfect quilter.

Sharon :icon_hi:

Comment

I have found treasures and have been very good about NOT buying any fabric of late (ok I bought a little (and I mean little) last week, I couldn't help it.)
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I have tried to only buy fabric if I need it to finish a project. I haven't been 100% successful, but hopefully more went out than came in!
          I have many treasures buried in my stash that I need to liberate. I also need to stop inheriting other people's fabric stashes!
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I love reorganizing. Reminds of all the beautiful fabrics and threads I have. And has kept me from purchasing these last couple months. Just went through my fat quarters to do Leah Days quilt along instead of buying more fabric. Found some great pieces to use, over 9 yards worth for this quilt along. So I agree, play with your fabric more often!!!
            Karen
            Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
              I have tried to only buy fabric if I need it to finish a project. I haven't been 100% successful, but hopefully more went out than came in!
              I have many treasures buried in my stash that I need to liberate. I also need to stop inheriting other people's fabric stashes!
              I would LOVE to inherit someone's stash.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I recently rediscovered several pieces of cotton I had used for window draping in a store window years ago. Some pretty great looking fabric here---one of them reminds me of Kaffe Fassett warm. I'll need to figure out a plan to do it justice.
                One is a brick red homespun-looking plaid that I recently used to back and bind a cute little quilt I made for my dog out of "practice" jelly roll stars and churn dashes.
                Also, every time I take our furry kid to the vet (which has been pretty often lately) she gets a neckerchief. Which she doesn't particularly like. I'm thinking of laundering them all and making into a quilt. I think there are enough Christmas themed ones to make a nice pet size quilt.

Comment

I always find treasures when I go through my stash, because I buy stuff just because I like it!

Meme_Fat_Quarter.jpg
                  Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I don't have a hidden treasure, but I do have a plastic box with some beautiful fabric (about 7 1/2 metres) which I want to use as a quilt for my bed. Thing is it is so nice I daren't cut into it. I have told the owner of my LQS where I got it from that when I retire next year I will take it to the shop and she can hold my hand while I cut it. I want to make a Jacobs ladder but it will be scrappy and I don't do scrappy so she will have to help me.

Wasn't supposed to buy any fabric but got some FQs in the sales so that doesn't count bc it's not yardage!!!

Comment

A couple of years ago when I was back home, my dad took me to a quilt store. They had a gorgeous Christmas quilt on display that my dad really liked. I bought the pattern and a panel, and started accumulating coordinating fabric for it. Then I read the pattern more thoroughly and found that I needed a jelly roll. I searched everywhere for the jelly roll and it was out of stock everywhere. I was so disappointed, so I put everything away until I could figure out something else. Then, lo and behold, when going thru my stash...I had already purchased the jelly roll even before I saw the quilt!

Comment

Sometimes I do discover hidden treasures! Not much but it is fun!
                        My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

MaryUK I like the way you think. I'll have to tell my sister that!! Made me smile.

Comment

I am working on a quilt right now...should be able to assemble the blocks tomorrow. This one used all the orphan charms I have accumulated this year. It is bright and colorful. Next project is to go thru the orphan jelly roll strips and try to make something wonderful but wait...first I have to FMQ the two quilts that are waiting for me to learn how to use the new machine....oh my
                            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                            Terry

Comment

Working...
                            X