How do I fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I fix this?

Put a new quilt on my long arm and the bottom thread is great but on the top the thread looks like zzzzzz and then it skips 4 or 5 stitches and starts stitching again. Is this my bobbin thread or my encoder? I didn't have a problem last week. Thanks for any help, Carolyn

Re: How do I fix this?

the machine may be slightly off the tracks.

Comment

Some things I was told to do - like a check list:
      Change to a new needle even if you already had put a new needle in - it could be a bad needle
      Check for lint in the bobbin case
      If it's skipping stitches, move the needle eye to the seven o'clock position rather than the 6 o'clock position
      After pulling up the bobbin thread make sure it pulls easily and isn't caught on anything
      And sometimes our machines are just picky and not liking a certain thread - are you using the same thread in the bobbin as before?
      Clean the tracks and the wheels
      I'm sure others will add to this checklist
      Let us know if you find the problem
      I had a really bad problem last summer and it turned out to be the timing and it took the technician coming out to my house to find the problem and correct it. Took him about 20 minutes of adjusting it.
      Vonnie

Comment

Your machine probably has diagnostics. It will list encoders there. Run the test. It will blink red if there is an encoder problem. It has you test the back/forth and the side to side motions. If it blinks red on the back to front diagnostic then it is the encoder on your carriage that is the problem. If it blinks red on the side to side motion that it is the encoder on your frame track. If both stays green then it is not an encoder problem. Anyway, since the test is easy and fast to do that is what I always check first.
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Working...
        X