X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ldnanny3
    replied
    Re: Recap of 2016

All in all I would say I have had a wonderful year, finished 32 quilts, have 3 tops ready to quilt and quilted 17 for others, I had 1 baby quilt, 7 QOV 4 queen, a few double and the others were throws or twins. Nothing smaller than 50X60. I also made some of the Kimberbell bench pillows and several runners and toppers. I also love doing machine embroidery and do lots of baby hoodies and towel wraps to sell. Today I have been working on my list of quilts for next year, have several that I have all the fabric for so those are going to be on my list to do this year, going to try not to buy fabric ( as I open a package from Eleanor that is a layer cake and charm pack) but do up what I have, things just get shifted to the back burner and others take their place, maybe this year I can stick to a plan. Hope everyone has a wonder year in 2017. Happy Sewing !!

Leave a comment:

• MRoy
    replied

I made 15 throw sized (50 x60") donation quilts for kids, finished my cheddar bow-tie, made an 80" x 92" tumbling block quilt for a friend, and helped piece and did the quilting on the guild's quilt that is displayed at the local extension office where we meet.

Leave a comment:

• Mom23
    replied

I'm not sure how many I've made but I know I made 39 quilts for donation to our local hospital, veterans and nursing homes, as well as baby, wedding and birthday gifts. I am starting the new year with only one quilt top needing finished. I might try to get that finished tonight so I can start the new year fresh. Last night I cleaned and organized my sewing room while watching a movie with hubby. I went through all my books and magazines. It feels good to be rid of some I no longer need. I will take them to the next guild meeting to see who wants them.

For the start of the new year I have many kits that need tended to. Our guild is doing a UFO challenge so I have 11 UFO's to complete. Some of the smaller projects are done. I've been teaching myself to FMQ on charity quilts. I'm getting better each time. The larger projects are kits that will take some time. I MUST put a dent in my stash this year......... I'm putting myself on a fabric diet (until a good daily deals comes along).

Happy New Year!

Leave a comment:

• bhaggerty
    replied

I have over 20 projects going at any given time ( otherwise known as UFO's), so I do not get burned out. About half of those are finished tops. That being said, I completed 15 quilts, 1 doll quilt & 3 table runners. Plus about 20 fabric bowls and 10 prayer blankets for our church. Since I continue to start new projects, I still have 24 UFO's on my list! It sure is fun to see what we accomplished. I seem to have been more productive than I thought I was this year! I try to keep track of my projects in the UFO group each year.
    Last edited by bhaggerty; December 31, 2016, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Magicquilts
    replied

Just realized....I only completed four quilts. One, a previous UFO, two were lap sized quilts. And one baby quilt.

I have currently, two UFO's.

That is not a whole lot. Hats off to those completed way more then me. You rock! xo
    Last edited by Magicquilts; December 31, 2016, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lyndaj
    replied

I have been productive this year, mostly because I don't have a job. I completed 6 quilts in 2016. Today I will begin my next one block wonder quilt.

Leave a comment:

• Deegles
    replied

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
    Absolutely! And I sure do enjoy what I do!
    Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• cmhquilter
    replied

I made two quilts as wedding gifts, a picture quilt for my Mom plus two quilt tops that need quilted. I also made 5 totes as Christmas gifts and a few zippered pouches. Also almost finished quilting a super size king quilt for my hubby. So far this year need to quilt three quilts and make quilt for my soon to be daughter in law. Glad hectic Christmas season is over so I can get back to my sewing room.

Leave a comment:

• lourixe
    replied

I definitely need 2017 to be a FMQing year. I only completed 4 quilting projects in 2016, although my pile of "tops-waiting-to-be-quilted" is putting most skyscrapers to shame.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

I did a lot of sewing this year, not only quilts. However, looking at my photos, I did complete 16 quilts this year. Some were commissions (5), some were donations to charity ( 2), some were gifts and prizes and some for family. I have 6 tops that I built in 2016 that need quilting. And 2 that are definitely WIP to finish soon.

I want to get back to building charity quilts. I costumed 7 shows this past year, and only hope to do 3-4 in 2017. Then I will have time to do more charity quilts. Did a lot with bags and wallets also, so the sewing room was occupied most of the time this year!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Of all my quilt projects I enjoyed making the Honey Bee quilt and the Present Quilts most. I simply love making snowflakes, angels and ballerinas. The pillowcases were fun to make and they were for kids in Louisiana that had been flooded out of their homes and schools.

Leave a comment:

• shirleyknot
    replied

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    I enjoyed them all. Particularly the ones the last three months. The problem is though that I enjoyed it so much I fried my brain. It's like an author with writer's block. Now I'm frustrated, seriously frustrated . Currently all the creative seeds are frozen somewhere deep in the subconscious and are nowhere to be found. I HATE that. I'm minus motivation and I hate that too. Woe is me
    Tis the season. Lots of people get that way this time of year.

Leave a comment:

• Carlie Wolf
    replied

I enjoyed them all. Particularly the ones the last three months. The problem is though that I enjoyed it so much I fried my brain. It's like an author with writer's block. Now I'm frustrated, seriously frustrated . Currently all the creative seeds are frozen somewhere deep in the subconscious and are nowhere to be found. I HATE that. I'm minus motivation and I hate that too. Woe is me

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
    It's not about how much you make, it's about how much you enjoy the making.
    This is true. Sometimes I am so intimidated and afraid of making a mistake that I just don't finish things. But this year I've learned that what I make doesn't have to be perfect and I've been able to let go and enjoy the process and creativity more. I'm thankful to all of you who have encouraged me and helped me thru that this past year since I joined the forum.

Leave a comment:

• shirleyknot
    replied

Absolutely! And I sure do enjoy what I do!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X