Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Heirloom Cleaning and Pattern Identification

Hi its Me Shan~

I haven't been online for for a while. But I have this project I've been want to work on. Its one of my most favorite Family heirlooms. A pot holder I don't have much information except its a Prairie themed California Print potholder handmade. I have two but I will only share one. The other is very badly damaged and I want to remake the set and have this one cleaned. If anyone has any ideas or knowledge on the original sowing pattern and prints. I would love to hear from you.

IMG_01821.jpgIMG_01841.jpgIMG_01861.jpg
    SDT

Re: Family Heirloom Cleaning and Pattern Identification

It looks to me that it would not be difficult to reproduce those little blocks (what do they measure?). Sew a bunch to make a square, then using a large plate cut a circle, and then add some batting and lace.

Lay your batting down first, then the backing right side up, top right side down, sew around leaving an opening for turning.

I hope this helps. Sorry I can't help on the fabric though.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Re: Family Heirloom Cleaning and Pattern Identification

Hi thanks for replying its just a fabric.. similar to picnic table pattern but orange and tiny.. I really want to know term like the quilting and lace name and filo fiber thread.. Super nervous about this project its so precious to me not to lose this style of prairie sowing style. Whoever made it really knew how to sow and took it to mass production. I really really love the darker side.
      SDT

Comment

Working...
      X