Freestanding Lace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freestanding Lace

I tried this on my embroidery machine tonight and was happy with how it turned out - I did an angel Christmas ornament. For those of you who have done this before, what kind of stabilizer do you use? Do you use a single layer, or do you double it? I used Ultra Solvy (I think that's what it is called) and used two layers, but I'm not sure if I need two layers.

Just looking for some advice from those of you who have more experience with this. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Re: Freestanding Lace

I was told by the ladies at the Bernina store to use 2 layers
    Happy Quilting!

Comment

Vilene, which is the more fabric type. I found one layer was enough without any problems.
      ornament covers3.JPG

They are on a rosemary plant. lol

I've never seen a tutorial that used two layers. And don't always listen to clerks. My dd went to buy stabilizer and she sold her a sticky fusible when my dd was clear what she was making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxVY...ature=youtu.be
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Hulamoon; December 29, 2016, 12:29 AM.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I use two layers of Vilene Water Soluble stabilizer whenever I do FSL. Another good brand is AquaMelt sold by All Threads: www.allthreads.com. I use a double layer of this also.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I use two layers of water soluable Floriani stabilizer.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

If you're using Ultra Solvy, you could try an experiment with one sheet and see how it holds up. The hoop needs to be the smallest one for the design and the Solvy needs to be hooped taut. The reason 2 layers is recommended is because of the possibility of it stretching and distorting the design. I have made many FSL designs with the Solvy using one layer. With the Vilene, I usually use two. It depends on the design, hoop, and which type of stabilizer (film-like or fabric-like).
            Cindy

Comment

Badgemaster

Comment

I use two layers,and I use tulle in between. I have great success with my fsl since I started doing this.

Comment

Working...
                X