DH bought me a new machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DH bought me a new machine

Happiness IS a necessity! Congrats on your new machine, what a wonderful gift it and your hubby are! He sure knows how happy it makes you and how happy you make others with it

Comment

Congrats on the newest member of your quilting family!
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I agree with the others, keep your old one as a back up in case yours is ever in the shop, even for routine maintenance
        Happy Quilting!

Comment

Enjoy your new gift. I'm looking forward to seeing all the great things that you make using it.

Comment

Another vote for keeping your old machine. You may have severe withdrawal when your machine goes in for it's annual checkup and you don't have a backup available.

Comment

Congrats on the new machine! Sounds like you two are going to have a lot of fun quality time together with all those stitches. I haven't even tried some of the fancy stitches on my machine. I kinda don't have the patience to work through the manual. I'd keep the old machine, too, as a backup.

Comment

Congratulations. Keep your old machine for when this one is ever in for service. Have fun.

Comment

Enjoy your new machine! I would try to keep the old one as a backup if you can.

Comment

That's the thing Andrea...patience. The machine does so much, but I have so much to do. My old machine had a bunch of features that I just never got around to learning how to use. I seem to be a straight stitch sort of girl and then I learned FMQ. Every now and again, I think about the pretty stitches and get frustrated because I don't know how to make them work. I go to the manual and it is so confusing. But, hey, this new machine has a manual I don't have to find. So maybe...I might use some of those stitches.
                    If I don't, DH is going to be really frustrated with me. But, he did say last night that my seams are looking much better. I told him I think its the 1/4 inch foot.
                    Originally posted by Andrea F View Post
                    Congrats on the new machine! Sounds like you two are going to have a lot of fun quality time together with all those stitches. I haven't even tried some of the fancy stitches on my machine. I kinda don't have the patience to work through the manual. I'd keep the old machine, too, as a backup.
                    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                    Terry of NC

Comment

Yayyy!!! I love it when my forum friends get new machines Enjoy playing with her and getting to know her! I have the Topaz 30 and I loooooove it.

Comment

I have the same machine and you're right - it can feel overwhelming! There are YouTube videos that follow the instruction manual fairly closely. I found the videos were very helpful because I'm more of a visual learner. I agree with the previous comments - keep your old machine. I bought mine when I lived in Nashville and when I sent it out for cleaning it was gone (to Virginia, I think) for about five weeks! But hopefully you have a local service center and that won't be an issue for you.
                        Happy sewing!

Liz

Comment

Well, I don't know if I have a local repair /cleaning shop or not. I drove 250 miles to find a shop to buy it. The local shop (60 miles) was asking $2700...I got it by driving a little further for $2100 including the seweasy table and tax. I'll search google to find who does maintenance on it.
                          Originally posted by LittleLiz View Post
                          I have the same machine and you're right - it can feel overwhelming! There are YouTube videos that follow the instruction manual fairly closely. I found the videos were very helpful because I'm more of a visual learner. I agree with the previous comments - keep your old machine. I bought mine when I lived in Nashville and when I sent it out for cleaning it was gone (to Virginia, I think) for about five weeks! But hopefully you have a local service center and that won't be an issue for you.
                          Happy sewing!

Liz
                          Terry of NC

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                            Happy sewing with your new machine!

P.S.: I just did a Google search on your machine. There is a lot of info. on the web. about it. Did you know there is a 1 hr. video on YouTube that tells all about your machine, it features, how to use it, etc.? I'm sure it would be worthwhile to watch that. It looks like your machine has a lot of very nice features. Be sure to wax your extension table. I use Turtle Wax (paste) which I bought at a local car parts store. If you don't already use a Supreme Slider, get one; that also will help with smoother quilting. Enjoy!
                            I have heard to wax your table and polish it, but had no idea what to use. Ty!

Comment

Congrats! So fun to get a new machine. I chose Pfaff for several reasons but one of them was the no oiling feature. ;-)

Comment

I have heard that Pfaff and Husqvarna are the same. I don't know that for sure.
                                Originally posted by tsladaritz View Post
                                Congrats! So fun to get a new machine. I chose Pfaff for several reasons but one of them was the no oiling feature. ;-)
                                Terry of NC

Comment

Working...
                                X