DH bought me a new machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH bought me a new machine

DH settled on the Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 960Q for my Christmas gift with a seweasy table. It has a large 10 inch throat and I am amazed at the new features on this machine over my old 715 Platinum. The feed is fast, it has marvelous computer window that is like having the user guide right there. There are so many different stitches to try and the ones in the quilting window are amazing.
    I am trying to get acquainted with this machine so that I will make good use of all the features. I started piecing a new project. I have a quilt that needs FMQ but thought piecing would give me a better feel for using some of the wonderful features like the stop and start and scissors and threader. I made 20 blocks and have the other 40 almost sewn together and then I will assemble. then I can get the FMQ function up and practice some more. The Shriners should be grateful to DH because this is really going to make it easier. I don't know if I should sell the 715 or keep it. Right now, it feels pretty antiquated in comparison.
    I thank all of you for your input into this purchase. The Viking won, because of the no oil feature and the fact that I have owned two with not a lick of trouble in the past. I just didn't want to spend that much money on something that wasn't that much of a necessity but I surely am a "happy quilter".
    My daughter got the Topaz 40 embroidery machine. I am almost positive I would not make use of the embroidery feature but her sister has one and convinced her it was the best.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: DH bought me a new machine

Sounds like you made a great choice! A new machine AND a sew easy table - that's a little slice of heaven right there

Comment

You and your daughters will be very happy with you new Vikings. I have the SE and I love it. LQS is having a trade in sale and DH asked if I wanted to trade up to an Elna or Janome--Told him No, I love my machine (He gave it to me for our anniversary in 2005. I was helping my son make his daughter a pair of pj pants and he used the buttonhole feature without any problems , but just following the directions. I love the scissors and the start stop button. Have fun learning your new machine.

Comment

I think you should keep your older machine that you still love as a backup just in case. What a sweet husband you have to give you such a wonderful gift! It will certainly be used and loved at your house!

Comment

Congratulations!
          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Happy sewing with your new machine!

P.S.: I just did a Google search on your machine. There is a lot of info. on the web. about it. Did you know there is a 1 hr. video on YouTube that tells all about your machine, it features, how to use it, etc.? I'm sure it would be worthwhile to watch that. It looks like your machine has a lot of very nice features. Be sure to wax your extension table. I use Turtle Wax (paste) which I bought at a local car parts store. If you don't already use a Supreme Slider, get one; that also will help with smoother quilting. Enjoy!
            Last edited by JCY; December 28, 2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Keep the old one in case the new one goes in for a tune up!
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Such a wonderful Christmas you had. Glad to hear you enjoying your new machine. I never thought I would have more than one machine. Then I ended up with four over the last two years lol. My very first I gifted to my granddaughter. I love having one set up for quilting and one for piecing.
                Karen
                Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Congratulations, Terry!! I'm sure you'll love your new machine. What an awesome hubby!!

Just looked it up ... Holy Cow, that's a sweet-looking machine!! Enjoy!
                  Last edited by lovemyavy; December 28, 2016, 08:08 PM.

Comment

That is great!

Comment

How fun! I agree to keep your other machine.
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

What a great gift for you! I know you'll be whipping up tons of quilts in no time. Check out the videos on youtube for help. And I agree, you should hold onto your old machine for when this one needs to go to the spa. Have fun!
                        Cindy

Comment

I've been watching the sewmastery tutorials on the machine. That has got to be several hours and there are others out there that go thru every little thing. I keep watching. It gets overwhelming after a while though and I just go sew.
                          Originally posted by JCY View Post
                          Happy sewing with your new machine!

P.S.: I just did a Google search on your machine. There is a lot of info. on the web. about it. Did you know there is a 1 hr. video on YouTube that tells all about your machine, it features, how to use it, etc.? I'm sure it would be worthwhile to watch that. It looks like your machine has a lot of very nice features. Be sure to wax your extension table. I use Turtle Wax (paste) which I bought at a local car parts store. If you don't already use a Supreme Slider, get one; that also will help with smoother quilting. Enjoy!
                          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                          Terry

Comment

That is so exciting! I am sure you are goingbto love it, and create so many quilts in record time for the Shriners!

Comment

Congrats on the new machine and table.
                              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X