Superior Needles by Superior Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superior Needles by Superior Thread

Has anyone bought and used these yet? Did you like them and why? Did you nott luke them and why? They are titanium coated. They are standarrd sizes of sewing machine needles. I was just wandering if they are worth me giving them a try. I have to admit that I am interested.

They are part of an ad that I received in my email. The ad was from Bob Purcell at Superior Threads.

Thanks for your input and help folks

Re: Superior Needles by Superior Thread

i bought the 90/14 when they were on sale for half price......i really like them . They do last a long time. I use them in the regular machines (Janome 9400, Juki tl2010) and my embroidery machine (Janome 500E). Have no problem in any of the machines.

Comment

I use them, love them (have a crush on Bob Purcell but don't tell). I don't actually know if they are better than any others, but I have been using them for the last couple months and will continue with them. I also LOVE Superior's threads!!!!

The only 'comparable' needles I have used are the Janome Red Tips which I love for embroidery work.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Use them and love them. Bigger eye is better imo. Also like their various threads. High quality and a great company to order from. Watch their videos on YouTube. You will learn a lot about thread.

Comment

I also use the titanium 90/14 topstitch. Now that I've switched I find that I don't have to change the needle as often as I did. I use them on all my machines ... Bernina, Brother, Elna, Juki 2010, Pfaff and Singer (machines range from 1940's to 2014.) I stock up when they have a sale.

Comment

I have been using Schmetz Titanium needles that I have purchased at Joann's with 50% off coupon. I like the titanium - I think they last longer than regular non-titanium needles

Comment

Beth - glad you are having good luck with the Schmetz needles from JoAnns - the first titanium I bought from there were a disaster (personal experience only here) and all five needles in the package broke within the first week of using them . . . could easily have been a bad batch (yeah, it happens) but it was enough to turn me away from them.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Did not know they had needles. I have been happy with schmetz, but will definetly try superior thread needles
                Karen
                Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I use the Superior 90/14 top stitch titanium needles for FMQ and yes I do find them to last longer and work better than the non titanium coated needles. I find them to be essential if I have to sew through multiple layers of fusible like Steam a Seam or Wonder Under, or when using batiks.
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I have definatly decided to give them a try. I do a lot of applique. Sewing through fusible web(stablizer), and multiple layers of fabric, my machine needles tend to wear out quick. The other day I went through a pack of 5 needles in less than 30 minutes.
                    If these needles with titanium from Superior will last longer and stay sharper, I'm all for that.

Thanks again input into my decision making.

Comment

Organ makes Superior's needles. I've used Organ for a couple years now in my Janome and my Elna (which is made by Janome) - great quality. Tried the superior titanium but for the cost, I can buy 4 of the organ needles per 1 Superior (I buy a box or 10 packs or 10 needles each on Amazon for very reasonable cost), and to be honest organ universals work just as well to FMQ with Glide, Isacord, and Aurifil threads. I used a topstitch for King Tut thread but didn't like the results and went back to a universal needle. My machines absolutely hate Superior So Fine so I stopped using it and have been much happier with other threads. Hope this helps.

Comment

Tried them a few years ago when Mass Drop had the entire set of Titanium sizes -- on sale and free shipping!

LOVE THEM! They last forever and confession ... I don't change these needles with every project. Previously have used Schmetz and still use them for crafts, but ONLY Superior's Titaniums for quilting and piecing.
                        Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
                        http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

They're all I use. Love them.

Comment

I recently switched to these and really like them. They last a long time without the need for changing so often.
                            I am Sew Blessed!
                            Alina

Comment

Superior is what I've primarily used since I started quilting, love them. I finally bent one last week and it was my own stupidity and frankly it should've broken and didn't. I'm big on changing needles often, it's a small price to pay for enjoyment and stress free sewing, but I don't find I have to change the Superiors out until I notice I need to.

I just got my first pack of Schmetz, decided to try their quilting needles in two sizes. Still in my M* box that out postal lady tried to bowl under our car today....

Other than that I've probably always used Singer, and always quite liked them.

Comment

Working...
                              X