Anita Goodsigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anita Goodsigns

Can her embroidery design can her stuff be used with and embroidery machine or only certain kinds

Re: Anita Goodsigns

Usually when you buy a design you pick the file that belongs to your machine. I have a Babylock so it's PES.Some companies give them all to you which is a pain to me. lol

https://www.embroidery.com/help.ec?docid=225

Is that what your asking?
    Last edited by Hulamoon; December 25, 2016, 12:38 PM.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Yes I really like her designs and I am thinking of buying a machine this spring just wasn't sure if you had to have a certain brand

Comment

Anita Goodesign offers the format for all brands of embroidery machines.
        If you are looking at machines, make certain you get one that has at least a 5x7 hoop size - larger if you can afford it.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

This is a good example of her designs where you will get every file extension for the design.It doesn't give a choice.

https://www.anitagoodesignonline.com.../sugar-skulls/

On this site you can choose after getting your machine. See how it let's you pick the format?

http://www.urbanthreads.com/products...ductID=UTP1758

So it's not the machine your buying, don't worry about that, but the embroidery company your buying from. You will have lot's of fun! Just buy the biggest hoop you can afford, like no smaller than a 5x7".
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

What Sandy said about hoop size is important. I once bought a design but then realized I didn't have a hoop big enough. So look for the embroidery size before you buy anything.

On a related note, I just found out that Anita Goodesign has a Weekly Design Set for $5.00. https://www.anitagoodesignonline.com...?price_point=5

Comment

I have a Babylock so use the PES format. I have used a lot of Anita Goodesign's over the past year and a half. I agree with the others that 5x7 should be the smallest hoop size - larger if you can afford the machine. I started with a smaller machine whose largest hoop size was a 5x12. I was so frustrated with the machine because there were a lot of things I wanted to do but would not work - even though it seemed like it should work (this was before I found Anita's designs) I finally called Babylock and was told that it is not only the hoop size, but the mm size of the design and the number of stitches. If it is just over by one, it won't even load into your machine. My suggestion is to go to the Anita Goodesign web page and check out their embroidery parties to see if there is one in the future that will be close to you. They are 2 day affairs where you go and actually embroider new designs on new Brother machines. You have to share with other people in your group, but it is a lot of fun. I am signed up to go to one in March. Good luck!!!

Comment

I've used the old Babylock Sizeworks and Densityworks on some that were just a tad too big. I normally do not like Anita Goodesign's intensive stitchery.

I've had better luck with OESD (Bernina). I've used Babylock in the past, they are great machines, but did not allow stitch editing at the time. I have a Pfaff 2144 and the OESD work just fine. One quilt store I use is a Bernina dealer.

Comment

Working...
                X