Buyer Beware!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buyer Beware!!

I was ordering off the internet and add came up. I checked with MSQ and they didn't have the Item

I ordered it from I LOVE QUILTING FOREVER. DO NOT ever order from them. Apparently it is a face for a Chinese company. The order comes direct from China. On the SLOW BOAt From China. They took my money out on the 15th of Nov. They do not answer their phone and they do not answer emails. I asked for them to cancel my order and they have not responded to me in any way. I just wanted to warn any of you. I went to their Facebook page and there were several post with my same problem. However they have now removed them. There is another add appearing with exactly their same deals so I am just wondering if they just put it up. They are selling the same thing for the same price and saying shipping is free.

Re: Buyer Beware!!

This same thing occurred to my sister two years ago but it was for flash drives she ordered for her company. Apparently it is a scam that happens more often than we'd like. Persons in China set up very good, very legitimate looking websites. If you have questions about their product you receive very polite, efficient emails back. They are very helpful. Once you send the money it's goodbye forever and nothing you do will get you a reply from them. In my sisters case we weren't sure about the email address when she wasn't getting replies about her late order. So I used the same email addy and submitted a request about one of their products and I wanted to place a large bulk order. Well, we emailed back and forth with that email addy until I said I'll place the order when my sister (and listed order number) gets hers. Never heard from them again. We searched the web about this type of scam and it is pretty wide spread. At a certain point they just take down their website, find a new name and products and go through the same process loop again
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I agree. Don't bother ordering from them. I ordered the bias tape maker on Nov 13th and just received it late last week, 4 weeks later. No e-mail or CS response to my original inquiries, but I had paid for it with PayPal so I wasn't too worried.

They seem to be of decent quality, however, there are no instructions and they're labeled in metric, so I have no idea how wide to cut my strips! It was not an expensive purchase and I was covered by PayPal but I won't order from them again.

Comment

I sometimes order things from AliExpress, which is all different China based sellers. While things take anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks to arrive, you can't beat the prices on most stuff. I've been fine with the quality of the purse hardware, etc. that I have ordered from there. It has a central payment deal and then they farm it out to each vendor. I have never ordered from any other Chinese company and probably wouldn't.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

I never order anything from Asia. However, from looking at their website, you can't tell that they are there. You may be out your money on this unless you paid with Paypal.

Comment

I love my Paypal, for this if nothing else.

Comment

I occasionally order from Etsy... Never if the seller is from China.

Comment

Like I said I will be very cautious who I order from .. It is not a great deal of money. It was the Bias tape makers also. Funny just after I ordered I found them much cheaper else where. Oh well Live and learn.
                My goal in posting here was just to save any of you from the same experience. When there new website comes up I will post the name here.

Comment

Thanks for the warning! I am wondering if their website had the https address, and/or if it makes a difference. I suppose the site can be secure but still be crooked!
                  I hate that we have to be wary of everyone now!

Comment

If paid with credit card other than through paypal (I suppose you can notify the cc company even if you DID pay with paypal) -- contact the credit card company and let them know that you are concerned this may be a scam, and ask them how much time you should give the company to to send your order before you "dispute the charges" with the credit card company. Once you dispute the charges, the cc company will ask you for information and handle the dispute and resolution (if any) from there.

I would guess, however, that they may want you to give 30 - 45 days or so to see if you get the item(s); and may ask you if you were told of the amount of time shipping would take when you placed the order.

Best Wishes.
                    Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
                    http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

I bought a set of bias binder thingies from the same company on November 1st and just got them last week. This was after several attempts to contact them. Their website gives no indication that they are in China. I'll never do business with them again.

Comment

The name of the other site popped up on Facebook There are the same complaints listed there
                        Beware of the QUILTERS MART!

Comment

I order all kinds of little things from Wish. The kids will get on there and look for stuff. However, I know it is coming from China, so I don't expect a fast delivery. I have actually ordered, forgot, and then surprised when something shows up.
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

I do the same thing with Wish.com! When the little package with Chinese characters arrives, I always wonder "what did I order?" Ha!
                            Once I ordered a set of sewing machine feet from Amazon, it was really cheap with free shipping, and it never came. I put in a request for a refund from Amazon, but all I got back was a response that they couldn't get in touch with the seller until finally they said the seller was no long a merchant affiliated with them. It was less than $5, so I didn't pursue it. I did find the same feet on Wish.com, and although it took forever to get here, it did arrive. I haven't really used them, but they do seem to be of very good quality.

Comment

Hi,

It's pretty standard to take 3 to 4 weeks for even a small package from China to reach most places in the USA. If you pay to ship it via DHL or FedEx then it's about 4 to 6 days delivery. I prefer DHL because of how they help handle any customs fees.

If you are looking to track your package from China I've had good luck using http://track-chinapost.com/ it can take a while to update and often I've had packages just sit in customs. But at least you can see where it is.

And yes some of these websites are scams, but there are legit ones to. Took me a while to find a good Xiaomi reseller site. The Xiaomi company only sells/ships a few products direct to the USA and I don't use a package forwarding service yet. Just have to keep in mind the level of customer service is going to be different from most USA mail order standards.

Comment

Working...
                              X