Rotary Cutter Lives Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rotary Cutter Lives Matter

So glad to hear that I am not the only one that sticks my tongue out when using "Nick" (my rotary cutter). I actually do this whenever I am concentrating on anything. Yup, even at work.

Comment

Those are some pretty "cutting" remarks!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'll go back to my sewing now.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Miss Terry went out and bought a new rotary cutter because she claimed I was wobbling and figured I was just old and worn out. Her DH found me and looked and said that she put the screw on backwards and that was why my poor blade wobbled. Mr DH turned the screw around and I'm like brand new. Miss Terry hasn't even opened up the competition. I don't think she's very mechanical
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

Since we've shared our innermost souls . . . if and when I get too old, loose my screws, wobble on my pins . . . and am relegated to the Rotary Cutters Home for the aged . . . I'll be looking for all you discarded cutters - - maybe we could get together to 'cut out some paper dolls' or perhaps a bit of 'Fancy Paper Cutting' - I just love those six-point snowflakes - - whatta ya say?
          NC sayin's from my mama n' daddy, a reminder, lest I forget:

~I’m gonna tan your hide. (You’re about to get a whoopin’.)
          ~set yourself down a spell ~~every day of the week n' twice on Sundays
          ~knock you clean into next week n' then some ~~deader than a door nail
          ~can't get blood from a turnip ~~your neck o'the woods
          ~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
          "B"

Comment

I've noticed in our house that the quilter's favorite scissors have a special label on them - "Fabric only!"

I can't tell you how many times that I, the rotary cutter, have been asked to cut paper. I don't like it one bit, and then she wonders why my blade gets dull so quickly. Rotary cutter lives do indeed matter! Thanks for speaking up for us!

Comment

snippet is cheating on me and uses another cutter when she's not home. She thinks I don't know about this hunk of a cutter, but I saw the shiny new package when she bought him. He's one of those ergonomic cutters, all steel and muscles!

Speaking of new cutters, she also bought a 18mm cutter from a MSQC Daily Deal. I don't know what is the matter with it though. It hasn't left the package. Maybe she's waiting for it to grow a few mm? I hate to tell her, but we cutters don't grow.

Meanwhile I'm at home just waiting to be used. She did buy me a new pinking blade, but honestly I sort of feel like a prostitute after cutting such sexy waves on the fabric! I mean, who needs such devilish curves on fabric anyway? What's wrong with my straight cuts before?

I'm so glad I found this thread! I wasn't sure if anyone else understood!

Comment

Grampz...look what you've created...an absolute monster of a thread. I think it might have been what we all needed these few days before Christmas. Thanks. But, I am neglecting my friend the rotary cutter and so I must go and let it know that I am in awe of the joy he brings me. Just last night I watched him cut out 300 5 inch white squares so I would be ready to put together that new 9 patch quilt that you cut up and turn the pieces (can't remember what Jenny calls it). I made a practice square with it and of course, had to go back and watch the video because mine didn't work. I thought it was 5 white and 4 colored but of course, as a quilting dyslexic, I had that part backwards.
                But, I want to be ready...because I see a box under the tree that sure does look like something I will want to hit the ground running with on Sunday...shhhhh
                success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                Terry of NC

Comment

That is good !! Enjoyed! Can't wait to see what scissors has to say! I had copied your ripper and sent it to a non quilter but a sewer! Keep them coming!

Comment

Working...
                  X