Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seam Ripper's Lives Matter

Hello Folks,
    My name is Abreojales which is Seam Ripper in the Spanish Language. (at least that is what google says.) Grampz is busy at the sewing machine doing another project. By the way did you know he sings while sewing? Not very well I might add.

I thought I would take moment to use his sign on here to talk to you about a very important issue. You see, I am a Seam Ripper. I am proud to be a seam ripper. We come in all shapes and sizes. Some are cheap and simple and some are expensive and elaborate. But we are here .... for you! Our lives matter people!! Why is it you start cussing as you grab us? Why is it we've been lost under stacks and stacks of material? I know at least one of my cousins have been thrown across the room. ACROSS THE ROOM! The young lady that threw him bent the poor guys nose. People, People, People don't you understand that we need to work too? as we sit there we beg and plead with you to use us. We say "Hey! I need to do something here!!" Then when it is time to use us you can't find us. You know why? We sneak off. Yes that's right, we move to another area. We hope that you will show us love and respect. That is the only way we can get to you. So from now on please show us a little more respect. Make a little more work for us to do. We love you and only want to help. Remember Seam Ripper's lives matter!
    VETERAN
    n. [VET-ER-AN]
    Someone Who Will Knock You Out
    For Stepping On
    The American Flag!

Re: Seam Ripper's Lives Matter

What a good laugh for the day!
    Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lori63 View Post
      What a good laugh for the day!
      Glad you liked it. I love to make people laugh
      VETERAN
      n. [VET-ER-AN]
      Someone Who Will Knock You Out
      For Stepping On
      The American Flag!

Comment

That was really cute. Thanks for the laugh!

Comment

I think we all have a love hate relationship with our seam rippers. We love that they are there for us, yet hate it when we need them. Poor seam rippers get a bad rap, it's not their fault that we screw up, and yet there they are, patiently waiting to lend us a helping hand, and expect nothing in return. Well maybe they would prefer we don't throw them across the room and bend their poor little noses. I would never do that, although every one of my rippers seams to be topless as I can't seam to find any of the little plastic caps for them.

Comment

That was really good , I got a good laugh out of it. Thanks!!

Comment

What a wonderful story of the life of a valuable tool.

Now, may we hear you sing?
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sounds like maybe you were a seam ripper in a past life! This was cute, very well written. Thanks!

Comment

Great post! Thanks for giving us the seam ripper's point of view.

Comment

Sorry Seam Ripper.

Thanks for the laugh.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

a laugh a day keeps the blah's away. Thanks for being todays
                      Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

I'm thankful for my seam ripper. I use it as little as possible, but when I need it, I need it! I've never thrown mine across the room. I always put it back in the same place after use so I'll always know where to find it. Thanks for brightening our day!

Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for bringing this 'serious' matter to our attention. Yes, seam ripper lives do matter. I have several seam rippers, but there is one that I prefer over the others. It has been with me from the very beginning of my quilting experience, and I would never discard such a friend. It also helps in other ways. Right now, I am pulling threads to get a fringe on flannel scarves. I use my loyal seam ripper to lift the thread that needs to be removed, so it is easier for me to pull it. It would just be more difficult if I didn't have this help.
                          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

That was fun. Thanks!
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I always know where my seam ripper is - I use it to pull thread through to the back before tying off and burying the thread. I have also used it then heat embossing my cards to save my poor fingers from getting burnt.
                              I think I love my seam ripper - do you think that's normal??

Comment

Working...
                              X