Aurifill colored thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurifill colored thread

I was given a gift box of 50 weight colored Aurifill thread. The spool on the thread is bigger than my sewing machine spindle and also bigger than most of the other 50 weight Aurifill spools I have. Any suggestions on how to use these spools on my machine?

Thanks.

Re: Aurifill colored thread

You will probably have to get a stand alone spindle. I am sure there are others on the forum that use these and will advise you further.

Comment

How about using a thread stand?

https://www.amazon.com/Embroidex-Sin...ad+stand&psc=1

Make sure you get one where the rod is metal and the base is weighted.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

For slightly larger spools, I put a plastic drinking straw on my spindle, then slip the spool onto that.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
          For slightly larger spools, I put a plastic drinking straw on my spindle, then slip the spool onto that.
          Great tip!

I have a heavy ceramic mug at the back of my machine for larger cones.

Comment

Smart Caroline!

Laura, is yours the 1422 yd spool or the much larger cone? The cones, especially, need a thread stand. I would think the 1422 yd spool would fit on most machines, if not the horizontal spool pin then the vertical spool pin.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
              That's what I do. Especially on my vintage machines.
              Patrice S

Comment

I saw something on Pinterest about putting your spool into a coffee mug I think. Check around online ( or Pinterest ) if you use it and maybe you can see a photo of it.

Comment

You can, and I have, use anything.

Thread_CrossWound_500_02.jpg
                  Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I use a canning jar. I have a separate thread holder but the base isn't very heavy and tends to tip. If I wanted another I would spend more and get a heavy metal base
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
                    X