2017 Secret Santa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Secret Santa

The 2017 Secret Santa Group is now open for those who would like to participate next year. We hope to have a lot of fun and see many new faces. To join up click on Groups, go to Secret Santa 2017. We will be accepting new members until June 1.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Re: 2017 Secret Santa

Just signed up....must warn you....I am not very good at following rules. LOL...(the previous leader understood this about me ) but I do get my SS stuff done and sent in time for Christmas....just ask previous recipients, lol.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

I'll never tell auntiemern LOL
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Where can I see the rules

Comment

Carol if you click on Groups next to the Forum above it will take you the all the Groups that are available. Then click on Secret Santa 2017 and you will see in the Discussions section one marked "Rules". They are there. If you have any question you can private message me or just post your question under the Discussion section :-)

Comment

I'm thinking about it. I did one when Sandy and Blondie hosted. I might be ready to do it again.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I've been thinking about it, just not sure I can come up with 12 different 'gifts' to make. I totally freaked out about the retreat favor - and then I ended up alphabetizing them just to calm down. Not sure I would live through a year of that!
              Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
                I've been thinking about it, just not sure I can come up with 12 different 'gifts' to make. I totally freaked out about the retreat favor - and then I ended up alphabetizing them just to calm down. Not sure I would live through a year of that!
                My daughter saw me stress too and I had a foreign country to send to! This swap makes it clear that three gifts can be bought. Living in Hawaii I have all kinds of things I can send.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Confession time. The past 2 years my sis Rhonda has run the swap....she knows me, and understands that I am not always able to follow the rules to a T...pertaining to the time line, and all of that. I am however able to follow the themes and come up with different ideas. As many of you know, I have had a rough year with my health....I was very. very ill in Nov....which is usually when I actually 'Make" the entire list of gifts (total rule breaker here, lol) since the mail date is Dec 1st. But she always knew I would get it done, and they would not be shoddy, thoughtless gifts. I have never bailed on ANY swap...So here is the real confession: I did all of my gifts last week end, and the first 2 days of this week (4 days). I had her contact my SS giftee, and let her know that I had been ill, but that she would get them before Christmas. I am proud to say that Carlie got her package today, and opened the one I told her to. She loves it, and it was not some nothing little thing.
                  My point to all this is, if I can manage to get ALL of mine done in 4 days....a normal, organized person can surely manage in the 11 months that is allotted. Pinterest is a great source of inspiration....and If I can do it, any one can.
                  Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

Marilyn I'll confess too. The year I joined I waited months too. If nothing comes to you right off, like your totally not sure, there is nothing wrong with waiting. Besides if you make something and a light bulb comes on you can always gift it to someone else.
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I am so ready to join and also to give help with inspirations to others in need because this past year I've really made a lot!
                      Of course I will partecipate if someone is willing to send to Italy. I know I live in Europe and it's kind of bothering because it's very far away from the US but I promise my gifts will be made with my whole heart (and remember I work in a cool sewing shop ) LOL
                      Just kidding, if no one wants to ship internationally I will accept that
                      My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Definitely sign up Juliet! I looked at last years group and I saw where several people talked about shipping internationally. I said I would be happy to also.
                        Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lori63 View Post
                          Definitely sign up Juliet! I looked at last years group and I saw where several people talked about shipping internationally. I said I would be happy to also.
                          Thanks for the kindness
                          My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I'm thinking about signing up , but worried about coming up with ideas, I"m must have been standing behind the door when creativity was given out. I also have a few concerns about the costs of international shipping , but that's just a small concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                              I'm thinking about it. I did one when Sandy and Blondie hosted. I might be ready to do it again.
                              Ohhhhhh you gotta, you gotta, you gotta LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X