tree skirt patterns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tree skirt patterns?

For many years I have tried to find a tree skirt in the shops that I like. I have never been successful and always end up with one that I basically settle for....and they are always too small!

Looking at everyones trees, I see the most lovely tree skirts! And they appear to be home made. Are there patterns for these or did y'all just make them up yourselves?

If you have made a tree skirt, post a pic!

Re: tree skirt patterns?

Jenny did a tutorial on a tree skirt a couple of years ago. Here is the link:

http://quiltingtutorials.com/all/qui...as-tree-skirt/
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Be sure to check them out on Pinterest....gorgeous!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I decided to make a tree skirt a few days ago and used Jenny's tutorial. I have it on the quilt frame now and should have it done tomorrow or the next day. I'll post a pick then. So far I really like it and it's easy to do
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Hi, Wendy!
          I made a couple from Jenny's tutorial, but I can't seem to get them to show up here (I'm on my computer at work). There are two photos in my album "Christmas 2013" in case you feel like looking there; otherwise, I'll try to get them posted when I get home late this evening. This is a pretty easy skirt to make; but looks really nice. If you use two charm packs (or half a layer cake), you'll get a pretty good size skirt. Your fabric choices can really change the look, from country to whimsical to classic! Have fun!

Christmas quilty-hugs to you and Liam!
          ~ Sally \0/

Comment

I made one years ago, because I liked mine to cover the floor completely under the large tree. From counting the square tiles in the picture, I think it is about 60 inches in diameter. I am at work, and M* is not letting me upload it (I think because of size). Need to figure out how to resize it again. eTree Skirt_new.jpg . OK hope this works. Thank you YouTube!
            Last edited by KarenC; December 15, 2016, 12:59 PM. Reason: add attachment

Comment

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
              I made one years ago, because I liked mine to cover the floor completely under the large tree. From counting the square tiles in the picture, I think it is about 60 inches in diameter. I am at work, and M* is not letting me upload it (I think because of size). Need to figure out how to resize it again. e[ATTACH=CONFIG]138052[/ATTACH] . OK hope this works. Thank you YouTube!
              https://image-gw.livelink.io/us::wal...78895533270mrj

Let's see if this works This is a skirt I made for my granddaughter quick and easy

Comment

CJSews, I really like the one you posted. It looks huge.

Comment

I really like this one - but only want the pattern. I don't really care for the fabric line, and would like to make it scrappy.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ble-topper-kit

Panels like these are another option.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...tree-skirt-kit

I have seen this panel sold separately, I think at M*.
                  Last edited by dwil23; December 15, 2016, 08:21 PM.
                  Donna

Comment

I made ne from Jennys tutorial and love how it came out. You can make it as large as you want and it was a breeze to make.
                    Karen
                    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Moda Bake Shop has several tutorials too. I always think someday I will make one but I never have.

Comment

Here are three that I love

8601_15.jpg5be966fd4b392c4cc72423411a3f507d.jpg2c66f23fbd671ad6b55e733e4fa755c6.jpg

I've been working on the last one for a year now. It's made with layer cakes for the presents. I didn't have a pattern, so I made it up as I went.

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]138063[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]138064[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]138065[/ATTACH]

I've been working on the last one for a year now. It's made with layer cakes for the presents. I didn't have a pattern, so I made it up as I went.
                          OMG, I love them all, but particularly the top two. Do you have a pattern for those? TIA.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]138063[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]138064[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]138065[/ATTACH]

I would also like to know about your patterns. They all are stunning.

Comment

I ADORE the one with the presents!

Comment

Working...
                              X