Janome purple needles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome purple needles

I usually use Schmetz needles 90/14 quilting needles for FMQ. Wondering how the compare to Janome purple needles. I use king tut thread. I have a skyline S5.
    Anyone have any experience going purple?

Re: Janome purple needles

I just did a quick Google search (as I don't use these needles). What I found out was that they are universal needles. The tip of the universal needle is fine for piecing, but for quilting, it is better to use a sharp, quilting or micro-tex needle.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Hi,
      I have used Schmetz quilting needles, Janome quilting needles (came with machine) and Organ quilting needles (purple) for FMQing and piecing. I think Organ makes the Janome needles.
      The Organ & Janome needles are a tiny bit shorter in length than the schmetz needles of the same "size". And while I can't "see" any difference in the shank (round and flat top section of the needle that goes up into your machine to tighten in place) the Organ needles I have purchased do slide in to and fit better than the schmetz in my Janome 8200.

Comment

Originally posted by Irene221b View Post
        Hi,
        I have used Schmetz quilting needles, Janome quilting needles (came with machine) and Organ quilting needles (purple) for FMQing and piecing. I think Organ makes the Janome needles.
        The Organ & Janome needles are a tiny bit shorter in length than the schmetz needles of the same "size". And while I can't "see" any difference in the shank (round and flat top section of the needle that goes up into your machine to tighten in place) the Organ needles I have purchased do slide in to and fit better than the schmetz in my Janome 8200.
        Thank you Irene.

Comment

Working...
        X