X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's paying attention!!!!

Funny little story.

DH comes in yesterday and says

"I just saw Mary and Sue talking in the lobby. And Sue had a huge stack of Fat Quarters in her hand, did you even know she was a quilter?"

I would have sworn he didn't even know what a fat quarter was.......guess he's been paying more attention to my quilting chatter than I thought - LOL
    Last edited by Carol336; December 12, 2016, 06:06 AM.

Re: He's paying attention!!!!

I guess he is, hahaha
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Beware...he knows too much...lol!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Last year at Christmastime I had made an advent calender quilt. I used red and white stripe binding on the bias. He said "I really like how you did the binding". I would have sworn he didn't know what binding was. I was impressed.

Comment

I think our husbands are amazed at our architectural talents. Mine asks me questions but won't let me go into much detail. He was curious at first about the precuts and spent a while in his chair and started telling me how much yardage there was in each one. I finished his sentences and he was amazed that I knew. hummm.
          He used to come and help me with squaring things up and making me feel a little moronic, but since I got a cutting mat and a ruler and a rotary cutter...he now just watches. When I am sewing Jenny's way for HST's he just shakes his head. Back when it was cardboard cut outs, he had a role in helping, now I am more independent bu I think he's proud that I CAN.
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

My husband knows all the terms and loves to throw them around but has no clue what it all means:

"You need to take the jellyroll and sew up a layer cake before you stitch in the ditch"

Comment

I might have told this story here before. A couple years ago my husband took me to a few quilt shops for the Row x Row patterns. A few days later, I came home from work and he said, "You got some fat quarters in the mail." I said, "How do you know what a fat quarter is?" He said, "I don't, but all those quilt stores we went to all had fat quarters, so I figured that must be what was in your package from the quilt store!"

Comment

Originally posted by everest123 View Post
                My husband knows all the terms and loves to throw them around but has no clue what it all means:

"You need to take the jellyroll and sew up a layer cake before you stitch in the ditch"
                That'd make such a cute M* t-shirt to sell for all those supportive souls who patiently wait in that man cave they have (haven't been there, forget what it's called).

Comment

I just asked my husband if he knew what a fat quarter was. He said yes. He went on to explain that, "It is a quarter yard of fabric plus a little more so it is fatter." Umm, ok.

Comment

Beware ladies. You are creating a monster. Ask the other wives whose husband is now piecing, quilting (even on the longarm) and even designing new patterns. They will love it and join you. It happened to my mom too. My dad started out 'helping' by keeping her needlepoint yarns in order. Then he made her some organizer boxes, and then he decided to try his hand at needlepoint. Then he was off to sewing. He made all our Barbie clothes. And then it was cross stitch and crewel. Then my grandma found out and she taught him how to tat. He loved tatting best I think.

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
                      Beware ladies. You are creating a monster. Ask the other wives whose husband is now piecing, quilting (even on the longarm) and even designing new patterns. They will love it and join you. It happened to my mom too. My dad started out 'helping' by keeping her needlepoint yarns in order. Then he made her some organizer boxes, and then he decided to try his hand at needlepoint. Then he was off to sewing. He made all our Barbie clothes. And then it was cross stitch and crewel. Then my grandma found out and she taught him how to tat. He loved tatting best I think.
                      I can tell you with absolute certainty that my DH will not be quilting...I consider myself lucky that he cooks - LOL

Comment

In my family it's reversed. When my wife says stuff like your DH I'm surprised. The ladies at Joanne's laugh at me when I say I can't let my wife know I'm buying more fabric she will flip. They usually say now that's a switch. lol
                        VETERAN
                        n. [VET-ER-AN]
                        Someone Who Will Knock You Out
                        For Stepping On
                        The American Flag!

Comment

Working...
                        X