Husbands and quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Husbands and quilting

Why is that husbands just don't get it when it comes to quilting? Or is it just mine? So all these I been quilting my husbands interest is non. Oh don't get me wrong he likes what I do and enjoys quilts on our bed. But he doesn't get why not just buy one or why we have so many. So today he goes to watch TV and my flannel backed rose quilt is on the bed where I was watching TV earlier. He cuddles up in it and says wow this is nice and toasty. Finally a positive response. I said maybe I will make you one (he has never wanted one yet). He says yeah can you make a pocket in the bottom for my feet. I said yes I can . So we figure some dimensions and I go to look at fabric online. He loves Caterpiller heavy equipment so thats what I plan to use. I find 2 different panels to work with and ask his opinion. Wrong question. My husband can give no opinions and never can make up his mind. Now thinks just make it from anything as long as its not girly. Nope thats not me I make things that you will like and enjoy custom to your likes. So here is what I found which panel do you all like best to star in the center.cat1.jpgcat2.jpg thanks for the opinions.
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Re: Husbands and quilting

Hi: they are both nice - it depends on whether you want the panel longer as the 2nd one shows, or have the width be larger.

Or- you can always flip a coin -

Comment

I like the first one because it has the blue in it. But both are fun. I guess. lol
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Yes I would say go with the one that works best for the size star blocks you want to make. I am not a truck person, so they both look pretty much the same to me. My dh received a COC quilt that has fleece on the back and he just loves that coziness of it. I have lots of quilts around the house that I have made but all are backed with cotton. So you might want to consider a fleece backing.

Comment

Aw, I'd probably find some fabric with pigs on it and quilt away . . .
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

. . . 'cause I like pigs.
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Buy both. Use the rectangle one to make the quilt with, use the other one to make the feet pocket and turn it into a Quillow.
              Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                Buy both. Use the rectangle one to make the quilt with, use the other one to make the feet pocket and turn it into a Quillow.
                You give my hubby way too much credit for knowing what a quillow is and how to turn it into a pillow, and then how to get it out of the pillow
                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                Sigmund Freud

Comment

LOL!
                  I like the seoncd one
                  Happy Quilting!

Comment

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
                    You give my hubby way too much credit for knowing what a quillow is and how to turn it into a pillow, and then how to get it out of the pillow
                    Hahaha my dh would not want a quilt that he needed directions of how to use it either!!

Comment

I like the first one!

Comment

I also like the first one best.

Comment

So one panel on the front and one on the back. Problem solved.
                          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                          Terry

Comment

I like the first one a little better because it has more color from the sky.
                            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I'm making one for my husband this week and found it easier to make it from a panel like the second one. I could add the same size blocks all the way around the panel. The first one's dimensions made it more difficult to plan on how to make it longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X