I am lost..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am lost..

Today I finished the binding of my very first king size quilt. One year ago I purchased the fabric at MSQC because you can't find Mary Fons small wonders fabric in Germany. The first parcel got sent back to the US and it took 3 months until it finally arrived.
    To be able to quilt a quilt in this size, I purchased a new sewing machine and I finished the first blocks in April. After making half of the blocks I noticed that my background fabric isn't enough, so I purchased more.
    In the meantime I started the two fancy forest quilts for my nieces for Christmas so things got a bit crazy.
    Now I am really finished with this three projects, (I will post a picture in a few days) and I feel completely lost. There are ufos I could work on, but that seems not the right thing to do?

Does anybody know this kind of craziness?
    Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Re: I am lost..

I wish I could borrow you for a few weeks, I have so much to do!!! And I have come to dread those three little words that my husband says daily, "What's for dinner?"

Comment

The only cure is to start another project immediately.

Comment

I have pieces and parts of 4 projects on my sewing table and I can't find the right red for the binding to finish one of the quilts. So what did I do?? Instead of finishing one of the 3 UFOs already started, I picked up the towels and I'm embroidering some dish towels to send to my older sister. Now that is a problem I made for myself. I'm always doing something like this. Dumb I know.

Comment

Oh, yes, I totally know this kind of craziness!! Close your eyes, make a mental image and reach out and grab the next project.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Oh I am so with you. I have nearly finished a quilt and instead of reaching for one of the other UFO's I have started looking at my stash longingly!! But I MUST get some of the others quilted before I start on something new.

I have a week off at Christmas so thought I might really get down to it and get those darned things done!!

Comment

Yup! It happens to all of us, I think. I have in progress: The Broken Orange Peel -- that one's laid out on the floor waiting for sashing & corner stones to be cut. I'm also working on the Prairie Flower. I think I have 8 of 12 blocks made. I also am working on a Rail Fence with fabrics I had left over from the Cutting Corners quilt. I have 5" squares cut out waiting to be put together into a D9P. I have numerous quilted tops hanging on hangers waiting to be sandwiched & quilted. In one of my storage boxes I have finished Kaffe Fassett blocks waiting to be sewn together, as well as some Friendship Star blocks made with oriental fabrics. I recently started practicing FMQ with rulers. Everything is on hold until I get my Christmas letters & cards in the mail. All in good time, things will get finished. However... I recently saw the "Twinkle" pattern made with batiks; I'm wanting to try that pattern, too! Many patterns are dancing in my head as well. Ah, the joys of quilting! LOL

Comment

Yes, the more you quilt the more you want to do more. I find myself starting a new project before I get the one I'm working on if only in my head. I have two to FMQ right now, but I stalled on them because I need to finish the zipper bags for the GC. And now I have new fabric from Joy and Tami and I have a box of strips that I've been thinking about so yes, its normal. When I totally finish up all the quilts and don't have a project started, I get that weird, crazy feeling like what should I do.
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

Working...
                X