Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pantone color of the year 2017

Greenery

Since green is my favorite color - I like!
    Donna

Re: Pantone color of the year 2017

Another green lover here. However, in looking through my stash I find I'm currently short on green. Time to restock.

Comment

Green? Well in that case, I guess I don't need to buy any fabric in 2017, I'm covered!

Now if it were Orange or Purple, I could go on a wild shopping spree. Oh who am I kidding....as long as there is shelf space, there's more room for any color fabric.

Did I mention my hubby's favorite response to me when I complain about him dropping his clothes on the floor?

"What's the problem? I put in on the biggest shelf in the house"

Comment

Good, the color this year was gross.I love green too.

Comment

But it's not really a grassy green. It's a green that has a yellow undertone. I'm on the fence about this one ... looks like they took left over yellow dye and added it to some green.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/h...D=ansmsnnews11

Edited to add: The left over yellow dye I'm talking about is the Kona 2016 color of the year ~ https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...e-year-yardage
          Last edited by Judy, USMC; December 10, 2016, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
            But it's not really a grassy green. It's a green that has a yellow undertone. I'm on the fence about this one ... looks like they took left over yellow dye and added it to some green.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/h...D=ansmsnnews11

Edited to add: The left over yellow dye I'm talking about is the Kona 2016 color of the year ~ https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...e-year-yardage

LOL! Since green is my favorite color, I am always aware of which "side" it is - the yellow side or the blue side. I have noticed over the years that "the" shade of green that is popular swings back and forth between yellow green to blue green about every ten years. It is long overdue for blue green to be the "in" shade again, so this yellow green surprises me.

In the 30's the green was more on the blue side, the 40's were more yellowish, 50's teal was popular, and who doesn't remember avocado in the 60's? Not a lot of green to be seen in the 70's, but the late 80's and 90's brought us "seafoam" and "evergreen/forest". After that, sage was all the rage, and seems to be continuing based on this choice.
            Donna

Comment

Get the pantone number and a swatch from the paint store. Then match your fabric.

Comment

This one's not for me, lol, I haven't seen one from Pantone in several years that I truly loved!
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Actually the Pantone colors of the year for 2016 were baby pink and baby blue shades. Moda was the one with the near-bright yellow. I haven't seen any news on Moda's color of the year, so who knows what sort of fabric we're in for.

Comment

There was an awful lot of emerald green being worn last year, or maybe 2 years ago. Not everyone can wear that color of green. This one may be the same way.

Comment

I don't think this green is that bad. I actually have a white and green check in that color. I was thinking of using it in a picnic quilt.
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by midnightline View Post
                        Actually the Pantone colors of the year for 2016 were baby pink and baby blue shades. Moda was the one with the near-bright yellow. I haven't seen any news on Moda's color of the year, so who knows what sort of fabric we're in for.
                        You're right! I remember thinking a revival of the rose and blue from the 80's/90's and there were a lot of fabric lines that had shades of pink and blue last year.
                        Donna

Comment

I guess I'm ignorant - I don't have a clue what you all are talking about. But I hate fads and I don't let others tell me what colors to use in sewing, clothing, decorating, etc. I have my own tastes and I use colors and fabrics that appeal to me, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by QuilterFrawg View Post
                            I guess I'm ignorant - I don't have a clue what you all are talking about. But I hate fads and I don't let others tell me what colors to use in sewing, clothing, decorating, etc. I have my own tastes and I use colors and fabrics that appeal to me, personally.
                            http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/index.aspx

Pantone is a company/organization/institute that works with color, don't know how to describe it other than that. I LOVE color and it just interests me what the trends are, but I agree - I use what I like, regardless of whether it is "in" or not. Fashion and Home Dec designers get their color clues for upcoming seasons from Pantone. When the new fabric lines come out, you will see lots of those colors included.
                            Last edited by dwil23; December 10, 2016, 06:23 PM.
                            Donna

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
                              http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/index.aspx

Pantone is a company/organization/institute that works with color, don't know how to describe it other than that. I LOVE color and it just interests me what the trends are, but I agree - I use what I like, regardless of whether it is "in" or not. Fashion and Home Dec designers get their color clues for upcoming seasons from Pantone. When the new fabric lines come out, you will see lots of those colors included.
                              I loved the description for this year. So thoughtful. I saw a segment on TV about it last week. Wish I could remember who broadcast it.
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X