Juki 2010Q vs Brother 1500 PQ 1500S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juki 2010Q vs Brother 1500 PQ 1500S

I have been looking at these two machines online. They seem very similar but different prices. Looking for feedback for those who have used either machine. I am looking at them for free motion quilting. Thanks.

Re: Juki 2010Q vs Brother 1500 PQ 1500S

I have the brother and love it. I made the decision based on price. I don't do any fancy fmq but have done several king and queen size quilts with no problem. Also, love the knee lift and thread cutter. It sews like a dream just need to keep it oiled and clean.
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Thanks.. that helps...I was looking at Brother because of price. I too don't do fancy fmq but would like extra space for bigger quilts.

Comment

I had planned on getting the Brother both because of cost and that I have had Brother machines for years. I ended up with the Juki 2000 after DDs recommended the brand. They sew professionally, use Juki and love them. I went with the 2000 because I didn't feel the speed control was worth the difference in price. When I started looking I believe the Brother was about $550, Juki 2000 $729 and the 2010 $999 on Amazon.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I was wondering what the difference was between the Juki 2000 and 2010. The juki 2000 is an option too. Thanks.

Comment

I have had the Juki TL2010 for about 18 months. I love this machine so much. A real speedy workhorse. It's heavy and solid with a beautiful stitch. Personally I like the speed control, especially since I started learning free motion quilting. It is a mechanical straight stitch only, so you do need to remember to oil it quite frequently. It handles everything with ease from lightweight garment fabrics to making cushions with upholstery weight fabric and corded piping. There is the new model which is a bit more expensive. And a redesigned walking foot and piecing foot. By the way, Juki now has its own ruler foot and open toe FMQ foot.

Comment

Could the juki piece and fmq or should I keep my other machine for piecing. Its a Husqvarna which I also really like.

Comment

I had the Brother and got the Juki. The Brother dealer cleaned and adjusted the machine wrong. Apparently the tech didn't realize the Brother has 4 feed dog positions. I couldn't figure out where the pin went. Finally turned the machine over and had other half get the screws out. Found out the cam was adjusted wrong. That spoiled the machine for me.

The speed control is nice, but I really like the way the bobbin is changed. You can open the door even with the machine set in a table.

I took the door off the Brother to get at the bobbin. I've got the Juki in a Sewezi table. I found another dealer who can service the Juki.

I've been satisfied with the Juki, it does all I ask it to. Even is forgiving of how I FMQ. (I leave feed dogs up)

Comment

I also looked at the Brother and Juki. I already had a Brother but needed something with a larger harp to FMQ. After watching tons of reviews I ended up with the Juki and love it. What helped me decided was that Leah Day and other prominent quilters were using this machine. I wanted a machine that I would not outgrow hopefully for a while.
                  Janet

"You cannot use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."

Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by cmhquilter View Post
                    I was wondering what the difference was between the Juki 2000 and 2010. The juki 2000 is an option too. Thanks.
                    I think the only difference is the speed control. I use mine both for piecing and FMQ. I originally planned on using it just for quilting but unless I need buttonholes or dec. stitching I sew almost exclusively on it. My other machine is a Brother ULT2000D.
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I love my Juki 2010Q so much I'd sleep with it if it there was room in the bed with me and the dog.
                      Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Comment

I appreciate everyones comments. I think I am leaning toward the Juki 2010. Just trying to decide if I want to sell my Husqvarna. I also have a small Brother machine that does different stitches. This is my lightweight machine that I love to take when I travel.

Comment

Working...
                        X