Clear All

What To Do With Vintage Blocks New Jenny tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjyf93NHrqc

Happy weekend

Enjoy
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: What To Do With Vintage Blocks New Jenny tutorial

Thanks dear Annika, I wish you a very happy day

Comment

Thank you, what a neat idea.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Jenny's quilt is lovely. My husband's GM made this quilt pattern, only pattern she ever used. The family business was plumbing and sheet metal. So husbands GF made a metal template for her to cut the hexes out in a straight line. There was a tiny space between each hexe for her to sew a small seam to separate each one. All of her quilts were hand sewn, did have a quilter quilt them. SIL has some of GM stuff should see if she has the template. I think about her method every time some one talks about Flower Garden quilts. They are lovely. Far beyond my abilities for sure. Kathy
        All quilts cat tested and approved.
        sigpic

Comment

I am making a Grandma's Flower Garden right now-hand pieced (my ten year quilt).
          I think this is a great method to use up stray blocks that don't fit together.

Comment

I actually have a Grandmothers Garden quilt hand pieced by my great Granny! I love it. When I got that top and another... I also got some 8 point star blocks she had pieced. Not enough for a quilt, so I used the Reproduction fabrics and made blocks to put with hers and I call it my "Granny and Me" quilt.

Comment

Working...
            X