1978 Viking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 Viking

Yesterday I brought home my M-I-L's 1978 Viking. Should be interesting to say the least. This is now the oldest
    machine I have as both of my Berninas are mid 80s.

IMG_4460.JPG

Re: 1978 Viking

Your vintage Viking is in great shape and it looks like you have all the cams. What a nice machine!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

She's really pretty!
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Love her color! How fun.
        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I own 2 of these machines....mine and my mom's! My favorite machine of all times and a true workhorse.....till a cleaning turned wrong and left my machine beyond repair! I took in my mom's when she got her new one, hoping the parts from it would fix my baby. I just haven't found the right person to trust it to......yet! The cam's offer you many stitches without the ease of electronic switching, but it works. This machine made many curtains, clothing items for me and wardrobes for my children. I can't part with that machine....even if unusable! Enjoy! Be sure to have it cleaned and properly lubricated by someone familiar with the machine, especially if it has been sitting for a long while!

Comment

I bought one of those new only white and it is still purring. I will tell you that I bought 4 of them off ebay 20 years ago to give to my children and they had been in school programs. None of them held up. The reason, according to the repair man was that when they are not in use, they tend to freeze up. They must be used at least twice a year, so beware. Apparently the first to go is the cams won't turn. You are lucky to have gotten one that you know whats happened to it. Storage is a machines worst nightmare.
            I gave mine to my son and now my grand daughter (age 10) is sewing. I got a new one in 2006
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

What an interesting machine. I had never heard of cams in sewing machines before.
              Cindy

Comment

Working...
              X