Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Black Friday got me

Hello everyone!
    I want to share my joy with you for what was supposed to be my last purchase and ended up being a gift from my lovely husband <3

I desperately needed some tools so I decided to order online during the Black Friday promotion to cut the cost a little and be able to have everything I do need. It was a hit I was so thrilled!

The problem was that 3 months ago my rotary cutter broke, or let's just say it was still usable but in a very difficult way, so I kept using it but hating it every second. Now I have a perfect new one! YAY ME!

And to make everything better I finally got myself an INCH RULER! You'll probably wonder why I'm so excited but I'm Italian, I live in Italy, we use the metric system, at the beginning of my quilting adventure ruler and mat in cm and rulers aren't exactly cheap so I simply converted EVERY SINGLE project I tackled. Lately with the Splendid Sampler I was driving nuts LOL

and my hubby who loves landscape and seasonal fabrics chose these two cuts of fabric he has such great taste. I love him!

black friday.jpgblack friday2.jpg
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Re: What Black Friday got me

Lucky you!!! Your husband is a keeper. I really like your material.

Comment

That is fabulous! It is wonderful when our husbands support our hobby!

I had not thought about having to convert all of the quilting patterns to metric. Ugh! I am so sorry for your struggle with that. I am happy to hear that you have both, a ruler in inches and a new rotary cutter.

Merry Christmas to you!
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

What a wonderful blessing for you....enjoy. You have a great husband!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

You are indeed a very lucky wife. My husband wouldn't do that for me.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Congratulations on your new ruler, cutter and fabric. It's so nice to have the equipment you need. I hadn't thought about all the conversions you need to do every time you sew. I love the fabric, too. He has great taste!
            Cindy

Comment

Great products! I admire those working in metrics being able to use "inch" patterns! My bonus when traveling to "metric" countries, a fat quarter is definitely bigger! I bought one prepackaged piece of fabric in France, thinking it was a yard of fabric, opened it up and it was the size of a bedspread! Huge! What a bargain!

Comment

A great gift from a great guy. I was in the Goodwill the other day and saw a ruler and picked it up...but...no inches on it. I looked and looked and realized that the ruler was made in Italy and those we CM . I put it back. But, see , your stuff migrates to the US.
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

Converting all those measurements agh what a chore that would be. Plus I am terrible at math so I am sure I would make lots of mistakes and my blocks would never turn out! Sometimes it's the little things that make us happy. Sounds you you got some great finds there, plus your husband is a real keeper. What a sweetie.

Comment

Awwww...he's your Enabler!! - DEFINITELY a keeper! What are the yellow tube things?
                    Barbara
                    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Got to love our husbands who enable us! He is definitely a keeper...have fun with your new "toys".
                      LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Thanks everyone
                        I indeed feel very lucky to have him by my side. Just today I told him I saw an ad that a LQS in my city has 40% and 50% off on fabrics for the whole month of December and I wanted to go check it as soon as I get my pay and I almost couldn't finish my words he was already excited to go together to buy with such a good deal! (we never get such deals. I just hope the shop is not about to close).

You see, I never bothered to convert because it seemed normal. We don't use cups and teaspoons for recipes for example, we measure everything by grams and kilos (I mean in Italy and most of Europe) so it seemed just normale routine
                        But I'm glad I can use inches now

Originally posted by CraftySweetPeas View Post
                        Awwww...he's your Enabler!! - DEFINITELY a keeper! What are the yellow tube things?
                        it's a temporary fabric glue. I don't use pins to keep my zipper in place for sewing, for example, I apply some of this yellow glue that keeps my fabric and zipper together and then I simply sew! It fades and leaves no residue I LOVE IT and use it a lot
                        My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Working...
                        X