Accuquilt is on sale right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accuquilt is on sale right now

For those thinking about buying one the Accuquilt website has them on sale. I have been reading about the differences between Go and Go Baby.

I have not found the sizzix Big Shot or Big Shot Plus on sale yet.

Re: Accuquilt is on sale right now

I bought an Accuquilt Go a few years ago....I love it. The bad thing, would be the buying of different dyes with each new project. It gets a bit pricey, depending on the dye your purchasing. You do save money in fabric.

Comment

I also have the Go and love it. I use mainly for "shapes" as stars, circles, hexagons, birds, petals, etc are kinda hard to cut by hand. The dies can be pricey, but do go on sale occasionally and I have found some in stores on clearance. It pays to shop around. I see that they now have an Embrillance software that lets you "digitize" stitches for different die shapes to use with an embroidery machine. Will have to check more into that. Love the idea. Have bought separate embroidery files to use with the circles and orange peel dies but the software may do more. Has anyone used it?

Comment

Too bad the Big isn't on sale.

Comment

The Go is for $200 instead of $250 but I am not sure I want to spend that much on something I may not use much. I was debating between the Go baby - $100 and the Big Shot Plus- $140.

From what I can tell the Big Shot Plus only cuts 1-2 layers at a time but has an area of 8.5 x 11. The Go Baby cuts 4-6 layers and has an area of 6 x 6.

I don't have stores near me who carry these. So I have to purchase online.

Comment

Got the 2 dies I wanted and another cutting mat. What annoyed me is there was so much traffic, the submit button for sale wouldn't go through. I finally did get it, it kept the credit card info and left off the points.

So much for Accuquilt sending pesty emails to use points.

Comment

I don't know if this is of any use to you, but I have the Big Shot and whilst it's only 6" wide, I can cut 3 - 4 layers of fabric at a time and you can get some dies are "deep dish" which means they are meant for fabric and will cut up to 4-5 layers. These in England are a fraction of the cost of the dies for the Accuquilt.

As the Big Shot Plus has a larger cutting platform you would be able to cut more than 1 design at a time.

Comment

I had the Sizzix Big Shot - the original one. I was using it for fabric, and Sizzix discontinued all the strip dies I wanted. So I sold it and switched. It does its job.

Comment

Working...
                X