Bonnie's Essential Triangle Ruler_Comparison & Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonnie's Essential Triangle Ruler_Comparison & Feedback

A few months ago in anticipation of her ruler becoming available, Bonnie said during a quilt cam on Youtube that she was excited about her ruler (The Essential Triangle Ruler) because it incorporated all of the things she liked best from other rulers.

My question: what are those things? Is it the all-inclusive ruler or nearly all-inclusive ruler? What does her new ruler "do" that other triangle rulers don't?

I watched two demos of her ruler today: one for HSTs and the other for QSTs.

Looks great, but is this THE ruler to get? Or should I opt for another?

Thanks in advance.
    Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
    http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Re: Bonnie's Essential Triangle Ruler_Comparison & Feedback

I don't have a clue on what this ruler is or does.. I think someone will post more about it.. someone who has one or has seen one demonstrated. I'm just curious as to what & how to use one.

I have too many rulers/ templates now, but there is always room for more!!
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Comment

I wondered the very same thing. But then those rules sold out until Feb 2017! In a post-post of her latest sew along she recommended another ruler that you can use. The easy companion ruler is also an option. I ordered this and noticed there are not lines that intersect the lines that run parallel to the long side. I deemed that if I had to use those cross section lines, that I would put a piece of tape on the ruler for a cutting guideline and go with the cheaper IN STOCK ruler.
      Because Bonnie Hunter is such a smart gal, she marketed a ruler with her name on it. I suspect that it comes with instructions on how to use the ruler in a clever way to make a more complicated block easier. It says in the blog will will be using this ruler for flying geese, so I don't think the other lines will apply this time. She also stated she would try to make it where we make that portion last closer to the end of the sew along instructions when the rulers are expected to arrive for those who have back ordered them. I think the angle and size is what is important on this particular ruler.
      Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yes, Deegles, I caught that quilt cam episode, too. I wish she would list all the good points of her one ruler and let me know why she thinks I should own hers.

I am not one to own a bunch of different gadgets as I'd prefer to put my money into fabric. Currently use my square to make triangles and since I do not EVER make things from a written pattern (as of yet) I can be flexible in making my block sizes based on the tools I already own.

Maybe I'll send a message to her during the next quilt cam and ask her to brag about her ruler a bit!
        Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
        http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

I think Bonnie's new ruler may be a combo of the Easy Angle and Companion Angle rulers rolled into 1 tool.
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
            I think Bonnie's new ruler may be a combo of the Easy Angle and Companion Angle rulers rolled into 1 tool.
            That's my understanding as well. As with any ruler, it's a matter of opinion which is the best for individual quilters.

Comment

Working...
            X