Look what I found in my notions stash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what I found in my notions stash

I have a box of odds and ends notions, zippers, snaps, lace, trim...you get it. Anyway, I found these while looking for some snaps for my American girl doll clothes. Do you think I can get more at this price?hooks.jpg
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: Look what I found in my notions stash

Hey. I have one like it in black!

Comment

Ah the good old days. About the cheapest notion now is a single plastic bobbin for 45ยข!

Comment

Don't you love when you find this stuff.... oh,, and notice how the words "rust proof" have proved TRUE))))))))))))) LOL
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I have some that my grandmother would use when making my clothes. Also have some of the snaps and lots of buttons she had. If she were alive today she would 116 years old. Wow that makes my 71 years of age seem young, lol.

I keep meaning to make a shadow box with them to hang on my sewing room wall. But for some reason quilting just seems to take the lead.
          Have a blessed day
          Pam[/I]
          [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Shadow box that would be super awesome!! Just put those little things in a mason jar and someday when you are ready you will be able to find them!!

Comment

I think you were sneaking into my notions stash . . .
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I inherited my grandmother-in-laws sewing box. It is built like a picnic basket on steroids. It has a flip up lid on each side, and then you can lift the sides for them to expand out. I have found snaps, zippers, hooks and eyes, bra clasps, needles, a buttioneer, pleat gauges, some dead and some viable elastic, more thread on wooden spools, sequins, thimbles, and a few other oddities. All of them have prices like that!
                Apparently she went to college and was a home ec major. She made all sorts of beautiful clothes and gowns for her formal functions with the Shriners and the Daughters of the Nile. We also have a bed spread she made that proves her crochet skills were fantastic too. No one in the family wanted her stuff, so it found a home with me. Now her great grand daughter is wearing things from her stash.
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I remember those.......had them on lots of my clothes when I was a kid.
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I also inherited a big stash of notions from my Aunt Sally. I'm always thinking should I use these?

Comment

I have collected old sewing supplies and antique sewing items for years. I often buy the "grandma's" sewing box from garage sales and auctions. I have many old cards of snaps, hooks, buttons, needles, trims, etc. They are fun to exhibit and give me great joy to look at often. I have bowls of thimbles and odd tools. I have a glass front cabinet in my studio to showcase some of them. I do use some of these items, too. What fun!

Comment

But if you use them, then they are gone/given away and I'd miss my moms' and grandmas stash. I just might be a hoarder???

Comment

Here are a couple of items I have in my stash, from Mom and her older sister. My grandma passed before I was born so nothing as far as notions from there.
                          001.jpg
                          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                          X