Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zip Bind System?

https://shop.martellinotions.com/binding-system.html

Have you used it? Heard good or bad? Easy to use?
    Vonnie

Re: Zip Bind System?

Heh. No. Just another too expensive gadget.

Comment

I think some folks must think binding a quilt is harder than it actually is. That kit looks like you could take someone's appendix out with it.

Comment

Seems a bit expensive for what extra help it gives you.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_0eIfDeGg
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          Seems a bit expensive for what extra help it gives you.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_0eIfDeGg
          They did a demo with a broken tool? Not a good idea at all.

I did like the clips they used for the mitered corners. They were a little complicated to use, but they did a good job. The other clips look like binder clips without the metal prongs you squeeze together. It did seem like the mechanism for clipping them was not the easiest to use, too. And if you have wonder clips, you wouldn't need them. I think wonder clips do a better job than pins. While I like the idea of the stitch in the ditch tools, I think they would very quickly become a time consuming pain to deal with.

I can see how it all could help you make an excellent binding, but I don't think it is worth the cost - think of how much fabric you could buy instead. I have been very satisfied with my imperfect machine binding with the walking foot and the bilevel foot.

For me, the hardest part of binding has been mastering the final join, and I don't see this system addressing that at all.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I bought it. BIG WASTE of money.

Comment

I bought one several years ago because I wasn't happy with my binding. While I realize everything takes practice, I was very disappointed. I could get it to work ok on prequilted fabric but anything else-nada. I went back the next year to the sewing expo where I bought it, and asked a LOT of questions and pressed the demo lady for more detailed instructions. She finally admitted there is a big learning curve (they use prequilted in their demos). She did give me the updated dvd-just to get rid of me I'm sure.
              good came from it though,I how can bind a quilt the"old-fashioned"way without breaking a sweat. In fact I now enjoy binding
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I bought it and have never used it. Binding my quilts always seems easier than learning how to use the tools. I've watched the how-to video over and over, and I'm just starting to figure out how'd I'd use it.
                Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Thanks! It's 50 percent off and was wondering if it was worth it. I think saving my money for fabric is the way to go!

Lots of layer cakes on sale today at $20 for the daily deal!
                  Vonnie

Comment

When I first started quilting I used binder clips (now will use wonderclips if needed) to keep my binding in place when needed. I don't bother clipping at all now. And to get that 45 degree angle I stuck a small ruler at the corner to get the angle. Twice. Then said heck with it and eyeballed it.

Some gadgets are worth it. Some.. not so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X