Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redline Direct Sale

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Redline Direct Sale

    I got an email from Martelli that the Redline direct sale is today through Sunday. For those of you who have their cutting mats (the purple/yellow) are they self-healing if you use any rotary cutter on them. Their ad says "Self healing with proper use of cutters (Martelli ergonomic cutter is recommended for these mats)"? Thanks for your help.
    Cindy

    #2
    Re: Redline Direct Sale

    Yes, they are.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


    Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Redline Direct Sale

      Thanks, Karen. I have the round one and I have ridges on it from using a different cutter. Just wanted to make sure.
      Cindy

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Redline Direct Sale

        Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
        Thanks, Karen. I have the round one and I have ridges on it from using a different cutter. Just wanted to make sure.
        FWIW - The round one is not self-healing. I have it and have only used the martelli cutter on it and I also have ridges on mine.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Redline Direct Sale

          oh thanks for posting about this. This is the mat that Cindy showed us at the retreat? I have been considering it, but I'll skip it since I don't use Martelli cutters or blades.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Redline Direct Sale

            On the Roundabout mat on the Martelli site, it says it is not the same grade as their other mats and is not self healing. Martelli cutter or not doesn't matter.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


            Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Redline Direct Sale

              If needed, you are able to replace the mat for the turntable. They sell all pieces to that separately.

              That purple/yellow mat is wonderful Cindy!! You will LOVE it! I have had mine for three years and after starting on the yellow side, I flipped it after a couple months because it was hard to see lighter fabrics and interfacings on that yellow. The purple side seems to work great for any color.
              pat.

              No rain....no rainbows!


              sigpic

              If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Redline Direct Sale

                Now that I know the roundabout isn't self-healing with any cutters, I'm not sure I'll bother replacing it. I have had my eye on the purple/yellow one, though. I will probably order that.
                Cindy

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Redline Direct Sale

                  Originally posted by snippet View Post
                  I have been considering it, but I'll skip it since I don't use Martelli cutters or blades.
                  I don't use Martelli blades - I usually use my Fiscar cutter and have even used Titanium blades with no harm to the mat. I don't use the mat lines like Jenny does ... I use my rulers (usually the Stripology.) If you need a new mat I would highly recommend it.

                  I love the fact that it doesn't warp. I've taken it on the road to Chicago several times and it's been left in a hot car several times with no ill effects. I've kept it in the shipping cardboard and it travels on its edge.

                  This is the mat that the local Guild uses that is at every working gathering so it gets a lot of use with many different types of cutters. The only guidance they give is use only as much pressure as you need to cut the fabric ... you don't need to put a lot of pressure on the cutter.

                  HTH

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Redline Direct Sale

                    Love my Martelli mat. I use it purple side up - I found it easier on the eyes than the yellow. Also was cuter in my room, since the room is yellow - love the purple. I have the large one, since my cutting table is a hollow core door on top of storage units. I got it when I went to Paducah last year - dh was willing to get the fun cutting table, but I "settled" for the large mat and cutter - which is what I wanted. He was impressed with the table, but I have lots of storage under my current table......

                    I had been looking at the roundabout, but since it is not self healing, I will stick with my square spinny one that is Fiskars.
                    Lisa

                    M*QC forum is full of the best people!

                    I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

                    A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Redline Direct Sale

                      Does the sale apply to everything on their website?
                      Vonnie

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Redline Direct Sale

                        Yes, all Martelli products. The sale goes through Sunday.
                        Cindy

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Redline Direct Sale

                          Thanks Cindy!
                          Vonnie

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Redline Direct Sale

                            Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
                            I don't use Martelli blades - I usually use my Fiscar cutter and have even used Titanium blades with no harm to the mat. I don't use the mat lines like Jenny does ... I use my rulers (usually the Stripology.) If you need a new mat I would highly recommend it.

                            I love the fact that it doesn't warp. I've taken it on the road to Chicago several times and it's been left in a hot car several times with no ill effects. I've kept it in the shipping cardboard and it travels on its edge.


                            This is the mat that the local Guild uses that is at every working gathering so it gets a lot of use with many different types of cutters. The only guidance they give is use only as much pressure as you need to cut the fabric ... you don't need to put a lot of pressure on the cutter.

                            HTH
                            After reading about recommending their rotary cutter for the mat . I was about to back out of getting me the mat. But you are saying I can use my regular rotary cutter and it won't do it any harm?
                            I don't want to buy a new rotary cutters. Let me know what your opinion is , please.
                            Thank you!!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Redline Direct Sale

                              Originally posted by Anitamae56 View Post
                              After reading about recommending their rotary cutter for the mat . I was about to back out of getting me the mat. But you are saying I can use my regular rotary cutter and it won't do it any harm?
                              I don't want to buy a new rotary cutters. Let me know what your opinion is , please.
                              Thank you!!
                              I use my Fiskars cutters on the Martelli yellow/purple mates with no issue what so ever. The mat heals just fine.
                              K is for Karen 😊​..................
                              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


                              Before you speak,
                              T - is it TRUE?
                              H - is it HELPFUL?
                              I - is it INSPIRING?
                              N - is it NECESSARY?
                              K - is it KIND?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X