Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back again...bet you didn't notice I was gone! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back again...bet you didn't notice I was gone! :)

I'm back from a bit of a burnout period. I've been working on two pretty intense quilts. Still working on two pretty intense quilts. One may get finished by Christmas. The other...maybe Christmas 2020. SIGH.... I reached a real burnout point and didn't sew a stitch for a few months. BUT...last week my husband and I attended the Houston Quilt Show. O...M...G! I've never been to a quilt show before. I got my groove back! In a big way. We (both of us) really had a great time. Got my picture taken with Jenny and saw enough beautiful quilts to make my poor head just spin and spin.

Bought quite a few quilting doo-dads, several kits and surprisingly little fabric. We decided I couldn't live without a quilting machine. Yes, indeed! We bought the Juki 2200 sit-down machine. We simply don't have room for one on a frame, and even going this route, I still need to get rid of a chair and a bookcase to be able to fit it in. It'll be a few weeks before it arrives, and then I'll probably drive y'all crazy with questions. Can't wait!

juki2200.jpg

Re: Back again...bet you didn't notice I was gone!

Welcome back! Sometimes a step back is good for us - recharges the batteries!

You sound happily busy - can't wait to see some pics.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Doesn't it feel good to get your mojo back? Bet that Juki has a lot to do with it. Now you really need to get back here and show us all the wonderful things you make.

Comment

Welcome back! You must be planning all the quilts you want to make once you receive your new machine,have fun with it.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

How exciting! Bet you can't wait to get your machine and start playing!
          Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome back!
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Glad to have you back. And what a beauty of a machine. During that waiting period, you can reorganize and be ready to go to town when she arrives! OK, maybe you'really not disorganized like me, and you'really already ready . Enjoy.

Comment

Welcome back! A step back sometimes lets us get a fresh breath and a fresh look at the picture.
                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                Sigmund Freud

Comment

Glad to know I'm not the only one who goes on breaks. I get stuck at a decision point and then stare at it for weeks trying to decide what to do next. Happy to hear you got your mojo back!

Comment

Welcome back....glad you're sewing again. Congrats on your new machine!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome back. What a great time you will have on your new machine.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

Nothing wrong with needing a bit of a breather now and then. Remember, a valley must exist for a mountain to look majestic.
                        Sandy B.
                        "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

sassygranny, welcome back. I think we all wonder if anyone notices we are gone. Some of us are, or have been, on burnout,( and I can relate, some of ours last a long time). Your beautiful new machine (friend) looks wonderful and very similar to my BL Tiara III. I wish you lots of joy with your new friend. I don't have room for a large machine either and am learning to love my Tiara. I'm learning on her. I look forward to seeing your progress.
                          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Working...
                          X