Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starching

Just thought I would share.

A couple years ago I learned that starching would help me with cutting and sewing of my fabric since it is so soft. At first I used the spray starch but that just didn't seem to help me much.

I was in Walmart one day and discovered liquid starch. Purchased it and a oblong plastic container. I prewash all my fabric, except the precuts.

Then I place the fabric including all my precuts into this container (of course a few at a time) let them soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Gently squeeze some of the excess starch out (do not wring) and hang them in the garage.

Someday I will purchase a outdoor clothes line, in the meantime the line my husband hung for me works.
    I tried placing them in dryer but it just doesn't work as well as hanging them.

I have never had a problem with my precuts getting out of shape. Once in a great while one might get a bit of a bow but irons out nice and straight and with no stretching.

Starching has helped me a lot. Hope this helps others.
    Have a blessed day
    Pam[/I]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Re: Starching

Going to have to try this! Thanks

Comment

Since I don't wash out the sizing the fabric came with, I don't have to starch anything. Even better.

Comment

Just me but find even with the sizing in the fabric is so soft and pliable.
        Have a blessed day
        Pam[/I]
        [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

I like your signature in RED, that is so true.
          Have a blessed day
          Pam[/I]
          [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X