Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas craft - to pink or not to pink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas craft - to pink or not to pink?

I am making Christmas ornaments out of charms with fuisible fleece cut with the M* small wedge ruler.
    Once cut, I'm running them through with decorative stitches in Christmas colors. These are my test batch.
    I plan to use a small hole punch to add the hanging string.
    So... 1st question... do you think the stitching will unravel? Would it stop if I ran them back under the iron and re-melted the fusible?

And... do we like the edges pinked or not? These I had to cut, decorate, then pink, so I lost some size. Maybe I should get a pinking rotary blade? Can u use those with a ruler?

20161109_183355-3984x2241.jpg

20161109_183605-3984x2241.jpg

20161109_185512-3547x1995.jpg

Re: Christmas craft - to pink or not to pink?

I like the edges pinked. I have a rotary cutter with a pinking blade that I use with a ruler.

Jeannette

Comment

Pinked is cuter. Some small buttons would look cute too.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Those are cute and clever. For the edges try experimenting with lightly applying CheckFrey.

Comment

Pinked edges yes. Instead of punching a hole for the thread hangers, perhaps use star shaped sinquins

http://www.joann.com/darice-star-seq...ymkBoCq0Pw_wcB

Thread the star first and then using a small dab of glue to ateach to the top of the tree

Comment

Thanks! I think I like the pinked edges too. I'll see if I can pick up the rotary one quickly. That'll save me time.

I got the idea from a super old tutorial of Jenny's that was a Christmas pennant/flag garland.

I have a handful of Christmasy charms and a bolt of fusible fleece, so I need to get to work. I think the white ones are pretty cute, not sure how it'll look on patterned fabric though. I might dig around and find some ribbon or ricrac in my stash.

I'm gonna experiment with the hangers. I have some buttons, beads, bells and do-dads I can try out.

Comment

They're really sweet...I actually like a mix of pinked and not-pinked.....adds extra interest. very pretty and festive!

Comment

Those are really cute! I like the pinked edges.

Comment

Originally posted by just4me View Post
                  They're really sweet...I actually like a mix of pinked and not-pinked.....adds extra interest. very pretty and festive!
                  I was thinking the same thing! I think they'd be darling in random order.
                  Barbara
                  http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Call me crazy, but I like some pinked and some not! Maybe because in the pic they're all together and it seems more like a dimensional forest that way, some blurred by distance or weather.

Love them, what a clever idea and a fun use for all those decorative stitches!

Comment

Working...
                    X